PDA

View Full Version : Concorde stationary

richrap262
13th Nov 2006, 20:48
I hope this is the right place to gain some knowledge from the experts. My girlfriend has just been sent, what appears to be a Concorde 'welcome on board kit' from a relative. The kit contains a British Airways Concorde silver pen, along with several sheets of Concorde watermarked paper. Also in the pack contains a route card that is dated for 1992. It details the flight numbers and routes of a British Airways Concorde for the 92 summer season. The last thing in the pack is a flight certificate that proves the kit comes from Concorde. All the above comes in a leather holder that contains the British Airways logo. My girlfriend would like to sell this 'kit' on the internet, but I suggested it might be better to get some expert advice before advertising, just in case it is worth something. Basically we would like to know how rare this kit is (if it is) and maybe a rough price guide. I will upload a picture as soon as I can. I appreciate any helpful comments.
Many thanks richrap262

Getoutofmygalley
13th Nov 2006, 20:56
Have you tried looking on ebay? Lot's of Concorde memorabelia on there.

There is even a 'guide' to Concorde memorabelia on there too :)

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Beware-incorrect-Concorde-descriptions_W0QQugidZ10000000001466341?ssPageName=BUYGD:CAT :-1:SEARCH:1

richrap262
13th Nov 2006, 21:59
Many thanks for the response. I have already had a look on ebay, but could find nothing that looks like the pack we have. We just wanted to see if it was worth selling on the internet, or maybe selling it privately. Any more responses are greatly welcomed.
richrap262

Captain Airclues
13th Nov 2006, 21:59
richrap262

Looking at the prices achieved for similar items on ebay, I would estimate that you are looking at about £25.

Airclues

evansb
13th Nov 2006, 22:38
I thought this thread would be about an immovable Concorde, perhaps one mounted on a pedestal.;)

vapilot2004
14th Nov 2006, 04:57
Great Auntie Elsie flew to the Isles and back aboard Concorde and has held on to her goodies from that VIP journey, all in the original boxes. She still comments on her trip - often following up with a 'not a bad holiday for a Buick driver'. When asked what I wanted of the estate upon her sad passing (87 years young and going strong - G-d bless her!), I said Uncle's single malt collection would be loverly if no one else in the family was interested as my nephews were already keen on the Concorde stuff. :}

The silver Cross pen is a very popular item with collectors. Cap. Mike Bannister may be able to help with value. :ok:

richrap262
22nd Nov 2006, 17:13
Thanks guys for your suggestions. Can anyone else help me out with rough price guides, or point me in the right direction of some more good advice?

Thanks
richrap262

vapilot2004
23rd Nov 2006, 18:31
A Google of Mike Bannister and Concorde Collectibles ought to do it. :ok: