PDA

View Full Version : BRUSSELS

Marra123
13th Nov 2006, 16:10
I was wondering do any low cost airlines fly to BRU? If not does anyone know why not?

Charlie Roy
13th Nov 2006, 17:54
Sky Europe fly Brussels to Krakow.
Blue1 fly Brussels to Helsinki (not sure if they fit the low cost category though).
Virgin Express fly to a dozen or so destinations, but will merge with SN Brussels from next March to form "brussels airlines", which cannot however be considered low cost, despite great efforts. They are getting a lot cheaper though, and do offer one way fares which is a good start :ok:
Jet Air Fly can have some very good deals, as can the likes of BMI, BA, SAS.
Aer Lingus fly Brussels to Dublin.
Swiss, Lufthansa, Iberia, VLM, Alitalia and TAP are ridiculously expensive anytime I check them out...Ryanair wouldn't touch BRU with a pole. And even the likes of Easyjet couldn't negotiate successfully with BRU. Easyjet even considered (are considering?) Charleroi!
You see, passenger charges are through roof at BRU!!!!

Example:
Recently I booked BRU - LIS return (brussels airlines)
Price before taxes: €10
Price after taxes: €85

I also booked CRL - SNN return (Ryanair)
Price before taxes: €0.02
Price after taxes: €26

Charlie Roy
13th Nov 2006, 22:46
How I forgot them I don't know, but Vueling fly from Brussels to Barcelona and Valencia. They used to serve Madrid also, but pulled the route after one season.

cwl747
23rd Feb 2007, 19:52
Brussels airport has been evacuated after a bomb alert. Police said a warning was received shortly before 7 p.m. Both the arrivals and departures areas have been cleared.
Officials have asked passengers not come to the airport until further notice.

Oh dear any one else got any more info on this?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/23022007/140/bomb-alert-brussels-airport-warning.html

The SSK
23rd Feb 2007, 20:01
Alert lifted, things returning to normal about an hour ago.

cwl747
23rd Feb 2007, 20:02
Ok Yahoo news behind as usual i guess, or my browser lol

johnnychips
6th Mar 2007, 22:18
I wonder if the Manchester route will now become a fight between the new FlyBE route (ex-BA Connect), and the new Brussels Airways (ex-SN Brussels) which now offers a b.light service - i.e. you have to pay for snacks etc.

I just wonder which advertising agency the new Brussels Airways employed. b.light = blight: not the most positive of words and I bet they got paid a load for coming up with it.

Avman
6th Mar 2007, 22:38
It's BRUSSELS AIRLINES by the way. B.Light is a fare/service level - not the airline's trading name. Therefore, I don't believe it will affect their "image" as, for instance, did the name BA CONNECT which immediately became known as Bacon!

johnnychips
21st Mar 2007, 22:25
These have now been advertised MAN-BRU from £45.

Whether there is a codeshare available with the new brussels airways, as there was SN Brussels-BACON I have no idea.

:confused: