PDA

View Full Version : Ground Crew London Wanabee

Jewel
13th Nov 2006, 09:13
Moving to London in February. Im from Australia. Wondering if anyone knows best way to apply or how must your airlines recruit for ground crew. Like customer service or check-in. I hear EzyJet is doing massive recruit over next 3 months. Anyone know if this is true?

KiloMIke
13th Nov 2006, 21:10
It probably depends on where you want to live in London. Bear in mind most of the airports are outside London.

Try www.avationjobsearch.com or perhaps the airlines website.

Good luck with your search!

Chef
13th Nov 2006, 21:19
KGS & Menzies are recruiting for both check-in agents and Dispatch. Hours are varying from P/T to Full time.

Pay rates are also varying up to about 18K for dispatch.

Jewel
14th Nov 2006, 23:35
Ok thanx guys. And have no idea who those airlines are so ill start searchin. :)

LHR_777
16th Nov 2006, 06:17
Hi Jewel! If you're interested, British Airways are also currently hiring for Customer Service Agents based at Heathrow. If you're interested, go to www.britishairwaysjobs.com. Drop me a line for more info, as I've done this role for two years.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Jewel
16th Nov 2006, 08:52
Thankyou so much! I will go look. Ive always wanted to work for airline but so hard to get in here. Used to wana fly but not so keen on that anymore. I work customer service for a bank here now but moving to london soon and hear its easier there to get airline work. You enjoy it? Any advice?

LHR_777
16th Nov 2006, 14:39
Hi
American Airlines were looking for PSA's a few weeks ago.

That's correct, but note - AA only hires part-time PSA's at LHR, 4 hours per day. Salary is £9k.

Jewel
16th Nov 2006, 23:35
Ive been looking at all these jobs and the salary does not look that high :( is that normal airline wages?

LHR_777
17th Nov 2006, 18:09
Ive been looking at all these jobs and the salary does not look that high :( is that normal airline wages?
Yes, to start-off with. At BA, the £12,900 (approx) salary is plus shift pay, at around £4000. Do some overtime too, and you'll get another 3-4K per year on top of that, depending on how much you do. You'll also get annual reviews and decent pay-rises.
You have to start somewhere, and that's often at the bottom. Unfortunately, the bottom doesn't pay that well, but it does get better. Honestly! If you need more info, please PM me and I'll be happy to oblige.