PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Boss Promotion

Wingspar
13th Nov 2006, 07:22
Now he's calling himself a Qantas pilot and the chief to boot!

Hooray for Rupert, our hero

November 13, 2006
Page 1 of 2 | Single page (http://www.smh.com.au/news/cbd/hooray-for-rupert-our-hero/2006/11/12/1163266412039.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1)
CBD
Michael Evans can't say enough nice things about Mr Murdoch in CBD.
AdvertisementAdvertisement

FOOTBALL, meat pies, kangaroos and, er, Pontiacs.
A mob calling themselves the American Australian Association will hold their inaugural benefit dinner tomorrow night to anoint Rupert Murdoch as a quintessential American Australian.
Maybe as a naturalised Seppo he can manage a chuckle if we ask which team he roots for.
There's an impressive list involved in celebrating our/their Rupe.
For starters, the patrons of the organisation include names like landlord Peter Lowy, Mt Isa boy Greg Norman, Sydney High's James Wolfensohn and failed Lend Lease chairperson Jill Ker Conway.
Those involved with the dinner include Goldies king pin Terry Campbell, Qantas chief pilot Geoff Dixon, News Ltd's John Hartigan, Westfield's Frank Lowy, the Commonwealth's Ralph Norris and even PBL's James Packer and Telstra's Sol Trujillo.
Fairfax Media's Ron Walker and David Kirk will be on hand.
And that would sound like the perfect time for a catch-up for Fairfax's new 500 pound gorilla on the share register.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/cbd/hooray-for-rupert-our-hero/2006/11/12/1163266412039.html

podbreak
13th Nov 2006, 08:25
Lets face it, he pretty much is the CP, good puppetry... :yuk:

Taildragger67
13th Nov 2006, 09:44
CBD is a business gossip column, written in a colloquial style. One suspects the 'chief pilot' moniker has been applied by the author of the column, not GD himself, in much the same way as CEOs of various banks have been described in the column as 'chief teller' and managing partners of accounting firms as 'chief bean-counter' in the past.

I'm not a GD supporter, but in this instance I think he's done nothing viz-a-vis his title and this is a non-story. In any case he can't call himself a 'pilot' without the necessary licence.

lowerlobe
13th Nov 2006, 19:19
So another little club for the gentry and also failed business ones as well.

Does this really surprise anyone, a lot of pats on the back and furthering of the mates club.

'Look old son there is a spot on the board of "X" ,if you can get me a spot on the board of "Y" ,I'll put in a good word for you to the board of "X"..nO problem...usual remuneration for a few weeks a year.Meanwhile Fred here can get both of us onto the board of "Z"...excuse me pass me the Cognac will you

Fliegenmong
13th Nov 2006, 22:46
Quote: "The Pigs at John Howard's table squealing in unison."

So so true.:ugh:

But be careful, Lurker, there are a few here who fiercely defend the Coalition’s systemic dismantling of the General populace……….. :{

assasin8
16th Nov 2006, 23:43
Dr Who ???
That being the case, I guess Ruprect Murdogs is Davros, Goff Dickson is the lead Darlec and Johnny Coward is the Darlec that wipes everyone’s backside !
Either way, without the Doctor, we’re all F@#%^& !
:ugh: