PDA

View Full Version : Question about Trans Air Congo

sydneyflyer
13th Nov 2006, 04:46
I will be flying from Pointe Noire to Brazzaville shortly on Trans Air Congo.
I was just wondering how safe they are. Have noticed them on the EU list. Any replies gratefully accpted.

Juliet-Echo
13th Nov 2006, 12:32
I work for a South African company who crew's and maintains their F28. You could either be on a B737, crew'ed by Iraqis or ex Air Gabon pilots; or the F28. I don't think you have much to worry about.

Balloothebear
13th Nov 2006, 13:29
SF, to repeat JE sentiments, if you are paxing on the F28, you should be ok, dont expect 5 star EU treatment, ticket booking, issuing and boarding take on a whole new perspective in deepest darkest Africa.
The other aircraft operated in the TAC fleet are dodge, beware.
Good luck,God speed.....let us know how the journey goes!!

406pilot
13th Nov 2006, 15:14
hey baloo...

are you still advocating that company? the rumour goes you guys were coming back to dar or was it zanzibar...good to hear from you buddy and karibu sana..

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

sydneyflyer
13th Nov 2006, 22:01
Thanks for the quick responses.
I will be paxing on the 737 then on Interair 727 to Joburg
Would seem ok then.

Dan Air 87
15th Nov 2006, 19:44
Don't expect anything at the PNR airport terminal. I used to take the Equiflight Beech 1900 to Brazza which was OK except that the a/c was usually parked in the sunshine all day so it was pretty warm when you boarded! Enjoy.

mallku
28th Nov 2006, 17:18
Be careful with the their Iraqi pilots, I heard that are cero CRM and couple of them got their ass kicked. Good luck

I will be flying from Pointe Noire to Brazzaville shortly on Trans Air Congo.
I was just wondering how safe they are. Have noticed them on the EU list. Any replies gratefully accpted.

Cyba
13th Dec 2010, 13:55
Hi guys! For my first post on pprune i get to ask if anyone has any further or updated information regarding Trans Air Congo.

It seems to be the only option for getting from PNR to BZV these days especially as land or train travel seems to be actively discouraged on safety grounds. But TAC is on the EU banned airlines list. Caught between a rock and a hard place it seems!

Any thoughts appreciated.

HPF
13th Dec 2010, 16:31
TAC E120 is also operated by NAC.

Soubic
13th Dec 2010, 19:49
Hi,

Do you have a contact in RDC, I would like to get a job in Congo.
I have FAA CPL MEL IFR. Type rated BN2A Islander - BE58 Baron - Twin Otter DHC6 300. Also flown C402 -C F506. TT:2357h. Experience STOL, previously in Congo - Angola.
All position will be appreciate. Available from February 2011.
Best regards.

Junior-dog7
14th Dec 2010, 05:25
I used to work for TAC in the congo and have flown on one of the 737's from jhb to point noire. Im not too sure about their iraqi crew but when i was there many of the pilots were ex-air gabon jockeys with much experience and very nice guys. as for their equipment I was lead to believe their 737's are very late, well looked after models from mexico. The guys maintaining it were from mexico or some or other south american company along with a south african chief of the technical side also with years of experience on the machine.
i would understand why people would think they were dodgey not only as they are african operators but because they do all their aircraft servicing on the apron and the aircraft are always dirty. however i would say they no better or worse than your average interair or airquarius operation in SA. As mentioned their 73's are much newer than any of ours in south africa. As for the F28 that was bought from airquarius a few years back and i dont think they were given much technical support for that machine, this stands to reason as when i was there it sat on the ground for over a month rusting away in the humid coastal congalese air. If anything though the best bet if it were possible would be to catch the embraer 120 turboprop from NAC/Naturelink well trained crew and aircraft very well looked after. this may be a biased point of view but having been in that operation for a tour it would be my personal choice :ok:

grjplanes
14th Dec 2010, 08:22
I will be paxing on the 737 then on Interair 727 to Joburg

Doesn't TAC fly nonstop from PNR to JNB with the 737 once a week, on behalf of Gabon Airlines...while the 2nd flight is done by Gabon Airlines' own 767, routing LBV-PNR-JNB.

Is InterAir still using 727s? Isn't the 737s doing the BZV-JNB route now, or even the new 767?

four engine jock
14th Dec 2010, 09:15
Interair Operates twice a week from BZV to JNB.
Wed and Thu for now B737.