PDA

View Full Version : Paris Freighter Base

Fantomen
12th Nov 2006, 12:37
Is Paris a 747-400 or a 200 base? How many days can you expect to work each month if based there? What kind of trips are flown out of Paris? I'm trying to decide my base preferance. Any other information on European freighter bases would be appreciated. Thanks

spannersatcx
12th Nov 2006, 18:34
I believe there are 3 or maybe 4 classic freighters in/out of CDG, via LHR/MAN/DXB. I could be wrong, but there's not a lot in/out of CDG.

Freighters in Europe are LHR/MAN/FRA/CDG/BRU, Stockholm was started recently not sure if MUC is still operated or not.

There is a mix of classics and -400 to LHR, mainly classics to MAN/FRA/CDG/BRU.

This of course will change in the next few years as the classic (CF6 powered anyway) are phased out and eventualy the RR powered.

Thunderbird4
12th Nov 2006, 19:19
spanners,

CDG is a -400 base.

Fantomen, you are guaranteed 10 days off a month. Just like the rest of us. some months are good some are bad - meaning some months you get more days off. This is the same for each base. It really doesn't matter where you're based
you will fly from Europe to Asia. Some trips take 3 days some take 10 - there is no stead fast rule for any base. Just decide where you want to live and take whatever is nearest.

It's about lifestyle away from CX that matters not your life while you are on their clock because you have no control of that.