PDA

View Full Version : Sa Atc- Acc Jhb - Staffing

ORANPO
11th Nov 2006, 14:10
Does any SA ATC have any input??

Apparently 2 ACC have left, many more to follow,the new Man atc is stirring alot of S@#$!

Heard 2 are leaving- 1 to Abu Dabs ACC and the other to OOMS.

Morale i heard is very very low there, is it the people at HQ, Managers (ACC), the crap that they have to deal with everyday!!!!!!

Well there is always a place for you JHB ACC people, the real ones that is (FAJS N& S), you guys are trully and well respected throughout the world, and have heard from many pilots, BAW , UAE, CPA, MAS-- you JHB ACC guys are a rare breed and are Brilliant.

Adios

hsbc (are waiting for you!)

Goodluck!

11th Nov 2006, 14:18
You seem to know whats going on. Tell us who the new manager is and what he is doing to stir the S@#$. I for one would like to know a little more.
Thanks.

CJ750
12th Nov 2006, 18:00
Has the abovementioned problem have anything to do with what happened on friday evening when not only IFR departures but VFR departures were taking about 45 minutes before ATC answered them. I know of one airline departure that took 1hr 30 min from first call to clearance before he got airborne...............:*

What is happening at JIA these days.

3rdBogey
13th Nov 2006, 02:41
Who's the new "executive" manager of training? And, where does she come from????????:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :ouch:

ZERO3L
13th Nov 2006, 06:15
Have to agree with CJ750.
Friday night's ground frequency operator was far below standard. Was wondering if anybody was monitoring her very poor performance. For the foreign airlines-I wonder what they thought; her command of the English language was so poor. The queue was up to 22 waiting for start and she was not giving anybody the necessary info. It was actually embarrasing.

But Sunday night was a different story. Seems like all the old voices were out there guiding us through the awful conditions and keeping everything together.
To those of you on radar and area last night-WELL DONE and thank you.

Q4NVS
13th Nov 2006, 07:15
But Sunday night was a different story. Seems like all the old voices were out there guiding us through the awful :ooh: :bored: :\ :eek: conditions and keeping everything together.
To those of you on radar and area last night-WELL DONE and thank you.

:D :D :D :D :ok:

CJ750
14th Nov 2006, 06:00
FRIDAY WAS VERY FRUSTRATING AND VERY EMBARRASSING AND I MUST ADD THAT YESTERDAY AFTERNOON WAS A PLEASURE EVEN IN THE EXTREME WEATHER. THANK YOU GUYS AND GIRLS AT JIA EVEN THOUGH YOUR CONDITIONS ARE NOT THAT GREAT............................:D :D :D :D :D :D :ok:

makeapullup
14th Nov 2006, 13:17
:ouch:
Wx this past week has been bad. Through the blur I must say Sunday was great fun!

Heard about airline complaints re CLD on Friday. Don't know what will come of it.
Might just have to get used to it...

Yippee for summer.

Cheers

Dct no speed
14th Nov 2006, 16:59
My hart goes out to me old fellow fighters of weather rain and hail.

Our Night shifts here in the desert are busy as Hell ,but if I had to ever make the choice between Jo'burg weather or One runway, busy nightshift with Lvos's oposite runways and last minute runway change. I"ll take it here on the Nights thank you.

Good luck to all our friends In SA with the weather this season....to the Drivers Airframe give the guys in Jo'burg a break and please always give credit where it is due.(I am afraid as for the NEW VOICE OF SA on ground.......that is the future of ATNS GOOD LUCK!)

BlueSkye
15th Nov 2006, 03:23
But on the other hand Darren.... That clean crisp smell after that maddatrucker of a thunderstorm can not be bought with any currency.

desertrose
9th Dec 2006, 15:41
My heart goes out to those ATC's staying behind in JHB!!! I understand the number of controllers leaving is growing by the day!

My advise to you is: GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!!! The ship is sinking and the last life raft is about to leave..........