View Full Version : Norwegian student killed in Florida

Bamse01
11th Nov 2006, 12:18
NTSB Identification: MIA07FA011
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Accident occurred Wednesday, November 01, 2006 in Port Orange, FL
Aircraft: Beech BE-76, registration: N6017U
Injuries: 2 Fatal.

This is preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when the final report has been completed.

On November 1, 2006, about 1118 eastern standard time, a Beech BE-76, N6017U, registered to Christiansen Aviation Inc., and operated by Aussie Air Inc., as a Title 14 CFR Part 91 instructional flight, crashed in Port Orange, Florida. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed, and an instrument flight rules flight plan was filed. The student and commercial-rated flight instructor received fatal injuries, and the airplane was destroyed. The flight originated in Daytona Beach, Florida, the same day, about 0945.

A witness stated that while in the front room of his house he heard the sound of an airplane overhead and as he listened the engine ceased operating, "popped", and then started operating again. He said he then looked out his front window and saw the airplane impact the ground.

According to information obtained from an official at the FAA Daytona Beach Air Traffic Control Tower, the flightcrew of the accident flight had been practicing instrument approaches at the Daytona Beach Airport, and was being vectored for the ILS runway 7L approach, when the pilot declared an emergency, stating that he had minimum fuel onboard, and that his right engine had ceased operating. The tower controller provided information pertaining to the location of nearest airports, and the pilot elected to proceed to the Spruce Creek Airport. At 1113, the pilot stated that " he was about to lose the second engine", and at 1116, he reported the Spruce Creek Airport insight, but added that he could not see the runways. The controller continued to provide assistance to the flight, and at 1117, informed the flight that they were on a right downwind for runway 23, to which the pilot responded that he was too low and could not see. At 1118, radio communications contact was lost with the flight.

Examination of the crash site showed the airplane crashed in rural residential area and a postcrash fire ensued.

Blackcoffeenosugar
15th Nov 2006, 15:53
Hi, I have a very good friend at phenix, but I can not get a hold of him. Please PM me if anybody knows any names.

BestGlide
16th Nov 2006, 14:22
Hi, I have a very good friend at phenix, but I can not get a hold of him. Please PM me if anybody knows any names.
"37 år gamle Daniel Richman, som var bosatt i Sarpsborg, omkom onsdag i en ulykke under flygertrening i Florida."
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=136370
Tror han ble gravlagt i Norge forrige uke.