PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Watch

bobdee
11th Nov 2006, 10:59
Seeing various appeals for info, photographs etc in this Forum, I wonder if its appropriate to start a thread that lets users post info on something that appears on Ebay that may be of interest to fellow Ppruners.

I'm not sure if this is strictly in the "rules" but no doubt a Moderator will step in if its not.

Saab Dastard
11th Nov 2006, 12:00
I think that your suggestion, though made with the noblest of intention, would lead to a situation too easily abused.

SD

barit1
11th Nov 2006, 12:24
I think a lot of things could be abused, and rather than ban the thread completely, I'd hope a mod could make reasoned judgement when a post crosses the line.

JB had a post pointing to a rather spectacular eBay ad for a Piper Archer - outside of the obvious aviation interest, it was the marketing technique that (ahem) caught my interest. :) :) :)

Maybe if we post only the eBay auction# and let the ad speak for itself...

jabberwok
11th Nov 2006, 15:48
Trouble is that some historical items would be appropriate to this forum but modern items would need posting elsewhere..

PaperTiger
11th Nov 2006, 17:29
I have posted links to Ebay items before; also to other people's photo albums. All have been removed due to the ban on commercial activities.

PPRuNe Pop
17th Nov 2006, 14:33
Sorry! You were right. We will not allow such a thread and this one is now closed.

Just to add that we mods have a lot of 'work' to do on PPRuNe and having to sift through things like you suggest is not workable.

I'll check out others.

PPP