PDA

View Full Version : RAF Meltdown - Has it begun?

Pages : 1 [2]

Chugalug2
16th Dec 2006, 23:07
The fact that more and more of the forces are leaving becase they are no longer prepared to tolerate the latest orders and changes to our working pracitces is perhaps what those at the top require.

You mean to suggest that there is method to this madness, glum?

glum
17th Dec 2006, 09:46
Lets just say it wouldn't surprise me.

Much like the fact that news reports this morning say TB is currently in Iraq where 120 people a DAY are dying in sectarian violence. Perhaps our boys in theatre can remain safely inside the wire for long enough that there's no-one left to govern, and then TB and GWB can stroll on in and take the oil...

Rigga
20th Dec 2006, 14:13
Chug - A nice precis of LEAN for you.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=256895

Regards
Rigga

Climebear
20th Dec 2006, 15:34
There is a contractual entitlement to public holidays and as employment contracts are legally binding, I disagree.
As for your comments on religion,the most popular religion in Britain and indeed Europe is Christianity....Fact. You don't have to attend Old Trafford every Saturday afternoon to be a Man Utd fan.

There is no legal obligation for Public Holidays to be included in anyone's employment contract (not that Armed Forces personnel have employement contracts under the terms of UK employment legislation). There is no RAF regulatiory entitlement to time off on a bank holiday as many of RAF personnel who will be working on Christmas Day and Boxing Day will testify.

But you cannot call yourself a footballer if you don't play football (even though you believe that there is a game called football).

Possibly not, but does one have to go to church to believe in God?
More to the point, I think it's the fact that the nation's rules were built up from the base of the Christian teachings, and at their basest, the ten commandments.
Our outlook and philisophy is based on Christianity as opposed to Hindu, Muslim, Jedi or whatever else is out there to follow.
Surely anyone wishing to join the armed forces must be prepared to accept all (legal) orders that are asked of them. If not, then they leave - as we are seeing more and more now.
The fact that more and more of the forces are leaving becase they are no longer prepared to tolerate the latest orders and changes to our working pracitces is perhaps what those at the top require.

Interesting point as Christians, Jews and Muslims all believe in the existance of the same god - So belief in a god per se does not make an individual a Christian (or Jew or Muslim), it is how that belief is manifested ie by practising Christianity (or Judaism or Islam). Oh and the Ten Commandments are from Judaism.

Chugalug2
20th Dec 2006, 20:10
Chug - A nice precis of LEAN for you.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=256895
Regards Rigga

Many thanks Rigga, I knew all along that it wasn't really the name of a Boy Band, I was only joshing, no really I was! "Nice" wouldn't be quite the description I'd choose though, "utterly utterly useless" would be nearer the mark (for LEAN, not the precis). Indeed having read the sub-thread off the above, re Lyneham and OC ENG WG's OBE/promotion, the post from Purr Harder (ingenious these tags!) says it all :
"Well here we are almost 1 year down the line from the survey done for Simpler in Eng wing, and guess what the hangar is still cold, the tools are still inadequate, the infrastructure is still bad, communication is still poor and tools still do not match the job.. The tradesmen are not empowered or encouraged and to a man hate LEAN and everything it stands for. It has destroyed Eng Wing ( never mind we will just change the name to Forward Support Wing). We have the worse rate of S aircraft ever and the lowest morale I have ever seen. The guys are happier doing Gate guard or going to Basrah than working on HLS or FLECS. The LEAN Rapid Improvement Events are a total waste of time, the outcome is already decided by OC FSW (OBE). All the troops want to do is be able to fix aircraft 24/30 & 47/70 used to manage it. If this is spreading to the rest of the RAF God help us. Can some one in power please put a stop to this madness."

My initial suspicion that it was bean counter gobbledygook for cuts is still my best bet. Interesting that the only person (apart from Ms) who thinks otherwise would appear to be VecVecwhatever, says it all really! :E