PDA

View Full Version : Jet Airways

AIRBUS340_DRIVER
11th Nov 2006, 00:52
Hi guys,

I just read the Jet Airways thread about the new management and the associated changes.

I am interested in a position as an expat F/O at any european base. Has anyone more detailed information about their future plans concerning bases, T&C's and if possible the recruitment process and interview contents.

I'd appreciate any information.

Many thanks in advance...

greetings

Ready
15th Nov 2006, 23:24
Assuming a330/340 contract, based in Mumbai and 6weeks On/2 weeks off rotations:
First, is travelling to and from work done on the 2 weeks off or else.
Second, will I get the 28 days of Annual Leave or not?
Some agencies do not mention any annual leave if doing the 6/2 rotations, some do.
When emailing them (agencies and Jet as well) they would answer anything but these two points.
Thanks!

Ready
16th Nov 2006, 11:27
You tick off a340 trainer or else, and in the comments section you specify exactly what you apply for.....not very impressive....but eh!

Dmax
28th Nov 2006, 08:11
Just try to find an email where send your CV. Check www.ppjn.com (http://www.ppjn.com) , maybe you'll find something useful.

I've received a "your CV is suitable for a 737 Classic FO position" and waiting for interview/assessment/tests, I don't know.

One thing is strange: a guy flying in India said me that India is not open to foreign pilots and that Jet Airways wants only pilots with at least 500 hours on type. So, why me and other low hours B737 rated (no experience on type) has recieved that positive email?

Cheers
Davide

boogie-nicey
28th Nov 2006, 08:43
Dmax, may I ask what type rating you have JAA, FAA, etc?

Dmax
28th Nov 2006, 08:49
I've JAA Type Rating, no indian citizenship and a lot of passion :ok: :)

boogie-nicey
29th Nov 2006, 13:12
Well Dmax you'll love there I'm sure. Lots of buzz on the streets, money goes a long way and LOTS of new people to meet. Like everywhere else some are lazy, some are scheming, some are friendly, some are good and some useless.

It'll be great and you'll get lots of good flying in too! Besides I think the new law has/is about to be passed permitting F/O to work for Indian carriers. Looking good I'd say..... :)

Dmax
29th Nov 2006, 13:24
There is written somewhere that tha Law for foreign FO has already passed (july 2006).... It's not so clear the situation, cause an Indian Pilot said me that it's strange that they call low hours.

However, we have only received that mail with no details, no dates etc. so we are waiting for the call for the screening.

Cheers,
Davide

jetjockey696
30th Nov 2006, 05:11
Please can anyone help.....Does anybody know the format of the interview. for the B737 What they ask? technical etc. and of course the sim.:confused:

what I have been reading there is nothing about the interviews, sim etc.:ugh:

Any info would be grateful :ok:

thanks
jj696

el caballero rojo
7th Dec 2006, 14:40
try the South Asia and the Far East forum.
I gave some info about the terms and the screening.