PDA

View Full Version : Chinook on M3

mutleyfour
10th Nov 2006, 22:32
Saw a chinook on the M3 heading toward Odiham today on a specially constructed trailer. The sight of it got me to thinking can a chinook undersling another Chinook and if so wouldnt it have been easier to move it that way?

Thoughts please?

movadinkampa747
10th Nov 2006, 22:40
It would appear so..............
http://www.stripes.com/photoday/010604.jpg

Always_broken_in_wilts
10th Nov 2006, 22:44
Within 8 minutes late on a friday nite..............mova you really realy really need to get a life:rolleyes:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

movadinkampa747
10th Nov 2006, 22:45
I got it from my exstensive photograph collection.

Always_broken_in_wilts
10th Nov 2006, 22:50
I reiterate..............start going out fella and try and break your prune dependency.........it's making you sound daft:rolleyes:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

movadinkampa747
10th Nov 2006, 22:51
I am at work. what is your excuse?

The Helpful Stacker
11th Nov 2006, 10:57
Those RN lads stealing our Chinooks again.

They sneak in and out of Odious quite regularly, I think they are trying to construct their own Chinook force somewhere, perhaps why there seems to be so few of them sat on the pan these days.

eyespied
11th Nov 2006, 11:12
I was involved with the recovery of Bravo Juliet from a field in Germany back to Gutersloh in Dec 87. We used another 18 Sqn Chinook to achieve the lift. We had the engines removed but the rotor heads remained on and from these we attached the 'Jesus' Bolts and utilised the tandem hook system - all went well and have some nice pictures.

ABIW - You sem to miss the point that it is you who is sad as you are making mischief at 2300+ in the evening - you need to get a life!

hobie
11th Nov 2006, 12:33
all went well and have some nice pictures.

but will you post them on PPRuNe? ..... :confused:

that is the question .... :)

NutLoose
12th Nov 2006, 23:54
We had a Puma go down in a field with a main rotor gearbox change many a year past, simply took the rotor blades off hooked it up to a landrover and towed the damn thing back to Odi....... all 40 miles I seem to remember... Past the pub at about lunchtime and had all the usual comments, we fly ours you know etc etc etc...........