PDA

View Full Version : First Interview (DEFO) December in NY

villapilot
9th Nov 2006, 20:49
Anyone going to the first interview (DEFO) in NY on December 8th?? Thanks. You can send me a PM.

Berry McCockner
13th Nov 2006, 13:00
I have it on the 5th. Are you staying the night in NYC. Where? I know nothing about the city.

wannabepilot1531
13th Nov 2006, 20:53
Well, i'll tell you right now that it is VERY expensive to spend a night in an NYC hotel, unless CX is providing you with a hotel, you're better off staying in Secaucus, New Jersey. Which is MUCH cheaper, and only a 10 minute drive to downtown Manhattan via the Lincoln Tunnel.

Aaron

Fantomen
14th Nov 2006, 01:43
I paid about $120 at the cheapest hotel I could find which had airport transportation from LGA. I took a $25 cab ride to the interview site the next day.

stnbased
15th Nov 2006, 02:26
I interviedwed recently in NY and stayed here:
Holiday Inn Express
15 WEST 45TH STREET
NEW YORK CITY, NY 10036
1-212-3029088
Nice basic hotel. 5 min walk to Cathay's office, breakfast and internet included with room. I used points to stay so I'm not sure what the regular rate is.
I jumpseated into LGA and took the express coach (bus) to Grand Central Station. I believe the coach service is approx. $24 round trip. Fare includes free transfer from Grand Central to hotels in the area. I took the shuttle to the hotel the day before but then ended up walking to Grand Central after the interview (about a ten min. walk).
Hope this helps.