View Full Version : Part-66 what to do ?

Tehvon
9th Nov 2006, 12:58
Hi there. My problem is I have not so long ago recived my part66 in cat a piston and b1 piston. I had it converted from a bcar-l, no type ratings yet as ive not had it long but my problem is I would now like to get onto turbines. What would you think the best course of action is to geting turbines added. Would it be good to apply and get some experience on turbines with a company then do the turbines exam or vice versa any help much appreciated. :confused:

Bus429
10th Nov 2006, 08:51
Read Part 66!

Techie28
10th Nov 2006, 11:07
Hi there. My problem is I have not so long ago recived my part66 in cat a piston and b1 piston. I had it converted from a bcar-l, no type ratings yet as ive not had it long but my problem is I would now like to get onto turbines. What would you think the best course of action is to geting turbines added. Would it be good to apply and get some experience on turbines with a company then do the turbines exam or vice versa any help much appreciated. :confused:
I'd reccomend getting the experience before you sit the exam, just because it really helps when sitting Module 15 to know what the components look like and how they are removed. Without, you're learning blind...

Tehvon
12th Nov 2006, 07:08
Thanks for your help. I think I will look for some hands on first before taking the exam.

fast biker
25th Nov 2006, 21:09
hi Tehvon, are you ex Northbrook by any chance?

PhilM
27th Nov 2006, 00:44
Aside from just Module 15, you'll have to get Module 11a. Your B1.2 license has Module 11b.

Differences that I can spot are;

Aerodynamics (High Speed Flight)
Air Conditioning (Pressurisation and Supply etc)
Electrical Power (AC Generation etc)
Equipment & Furnishings
Fuel Systems (Subtle differences)
Hydraulics (As above)
Ice/Rain Protection (Mainly Anti-Ice systems)
Lighting (To Level3)
Onboard Maintenance Systems (CMC etc)

So you've got most of whats required, just a few subtle differences to make up, not a lot really :ok:

Not sure where you stand with the converted license, a lot of the guys that converted from old turbine licenses now have restricted B1.1s, ie, no electrics/black boxes, so you may have the same problem. Best bet as its not that well documented that I can see is to drop an email to the CAA SRG.