PDA

View Full Version : Best Fringe Benefit/Perk (not too serious, please)

charliegolf
9th Nov 2006, 11:23
Taking Safety Helmut's idea.....

Wasn't there once a Lightning pilot for whom Mrs Harry Staish was a (short-lived) perk?

CG

Wycombe
9th Nov 2006, 13:01
.....and, in the same vain, something similar at a Secret Wilts airbase not so many years ago :ouch:

Gainesy
9th Nov 2006, 13:26
Mid-70s there was a Jet Provost from Shawbury that used to do the rounds every other Friday with the RHS loaded with various Tupperware boxes full of different home-made pates that the ancient pilot's missus made to order.

Erm, just how many sailboards fit in an E-3 (without knocking a hole in it).:suspect:

airborne_artist
9th Nov 2006, 13:47
Signing out a Fairey Huntress at BRNC on a Sunday pm with a mate and a couple of young ladies always sticks in my mind.

http://www.faireyownersclub.co.uk/images/boats/huntress5.jpg

matkat
9th Nov 2006, 13:55
When at Laarbruch and on XV used to send a Bucc to lossie to pick up fresh fish.

Wader2
9th Nov 2006, 14:00
Kipper fleet order of kippers from Machrihanish.

L J R
9th Nov 2006, 14:14
Sendng an F-111 from Amberley to ESL and back to colect 3 Bottles of Grange (a present from my Dad on my 30th). The wine travelled well.

PS Grange Hermitage - a damn fine drop...

DummyRun
9th Nov 2006, 14:39
;) have large boot, will shop.

......have you seen the price of ride-on mowers in this country!!!

mary_hinge
9th Nov 2006, 14:52
Salmon from Goose Bay back to Marham, courtesy of the Victor K2, the Window Boxes and Dog Kennel:ok:

movadinkampa747
9th Nov 2006, 14:58
;) have large boot, will shop.
......have you seen the price of ride-on mowers in this country!!!

I didn't know that you could buy Ride on mowers in Kabul.

stickmonkeytamer
9th Nov 2006, 15:09
I didn't know that you could buy Ride on mowers in Kabul.

You can buy outboard motors(???) in Kandahar- if you've seen (or smelt) Poo Pond, you'll not be buying one of these for the weekend (except to power your HUMVEE through the stagnant sewerage...

SMT

ShyTorque
9th Nov 2006, 17:02
Signing out a Fairey Huntress at BRNC on a Sunday pm with a mate and a couple of young ladies always sticks in my mind.

http://www.faireyownersclub.co.uk/images/boats/huntress5.jpg

Fairy Huntress? Is that a Nimrod Pilot of uncertain gender?

airborne_artist
9th Nov 2006, 17:15
Indeed ST, I think they were named as you suggest :E

Lovely classic powerboats and about £25k for one in good condition now. The County class destroyers each carried one - for the amusement of the orficers don't you know. That's why we had two or three at Dartmouth.