PDA

View Full Version : QF Frequent Flyer = J* redemptions??!

Whizzwheel
9th Nov 2006, 11:03
Please tell me I'm wrong... I'm a QF FF, but I'm being offered seats on J* flights. Before I go absolutely apoplectic with rage, are these EXTRA offerings, or have they replaced some of the random and meagre offerings from mainline. I can't earn points with the little brother (unless I pay almost double, and get a mega-extreme-superior-economy ticket), but I can waste my eternally earned swag of credits on a bus trip.

Surely I've got this all wrong...:confused:

Mr Seatback 2
9th Nov 2006, 11:27
No - you've got it it one.

ditzyboy
10th Nov 2006, 01:59
No - you've got it it one.

:D :D :D :D

Yup.. It's the new Qantas... Read any of their press releases and you'll find contemporary is the word...

Uncle Aunty
10th Nov 2006, 08:57
Used one of these redemptions myself recently and found myself with a paper ticket. Check in staff didn't quite know what to make of it .. a QF flight number and all...

capt.cynical
10th Nov 2006, 09:34
YUP;
gouge the public + scr#w the employee's = BONUS !!

quite simple really
:{ :mad: :ugh: :{

MIss Behaviour
10th Nov 2006, 10:27
Whizz

Spot on Gungadin. Since the demise of AN in 2001 QF must've been looking at how to get rid of f/flyer which management would no doubt see as an albatross around their neck when they enjoyed a monopoly back then.

With no major competitor such as AN having a frequent flyer program QF no longer had to keep up with the Joneses and surely a major reason Jetstar was introduced was to alleviate having to pay out frequent flyer points of course disguising it as a LCC carrier just wanting to give the Australian public cheaper fares. Enter the wolf in sheep's clothing.

Since then DJ have introduced their Velocity frequent flyer program however I'm not sure if they offer international redemptions but it's possibly not as comprehensive as f/flyer program of QF.

QF are kidding themselves if they think consumers are just going to take whatever is dished up to them ie "Jetstar - part of the Qantas group". The public are deserting the DRW/SIN flight in droves and the JQ 'service' has only been operational less than two weeks. In late October QF had a full 767 flight DRW/SIN with maybe 100 joining passengers (in additional to CNS originating passengers), now they're lucky if they get 17 passengers joining there for JQ.

What's it going to be like a few months down the track when the 'honeymoon period' of passengers that they inherited from the QF flight dries up?

The public have voted with their feet and instead of flying to SIN direct from DRW they are opting to fly to PER then take Emirates via DXB to Europe or back tracking to Sydney or Brisbane and taking SQ or TG.

People want full service airlines where they can have their baggage through checked to their final destination and receive all their boarding passes not have to pick up their luggage in SIN (assuming it's not one of the dozen or so bags that get offloaded on a daily basis due to weight restrictions), clear customs, pay departure tax then queue up and check in all over again.

ditzyboy
10th Nov 2006, 10:56
Whizz
People want full service airlines where they can have their baggage through checked to their final destination and receive all their boarding passes not have to pick up their luggage in SIN (assuming it's not one of the dozen or so bags that get offloaded on a daily basis due to weight restrictions), clear customs, pay departure tax then queue up and check in all over again.

I thought Jetstar was interlining the bags on these flights. That is whatthey indicate in their press release.

MIss Behaviour
10th Nov 2006, 11:26
Ditzy Boy

What is promised on the JQ website and what actually goes on at the coalface are as different as chalk and cheese.

If you happen to be lucky enough to have a connecting flight that is operated by Qantas or British Airways only, then your bag can be through checked to that destination - of course the bag may not necessarily arrive with you (see my previous post). You still do not receive your boarding pass eg SIN/LHR as JQ have no facility in their 'system' to enter all the passport information for entry into the UK.

That job gets handballed to staff in SIN. Gee they must love all the extra workload, mind you management can afford it as the staff there aren't as grossly overpaid as all the staff in Australia (tongue in cheek!). := :=

assasin8
12th Nov 2006, 09:52
Hang on, on hang... What was that again.... That's right, it's all about CHOICE !
:\