PDA

View Full Version : Should I hold on the interview?

ImbracableCrunk
8th Nov 2006, 20:46
I have a round one interview coming up for HK SO, and I can't get the time off. I'm wondering if I'm killing my chance at another interview by writing them a polite letter saying, "I can't make it, can you give me another shot in a month?"

Bandito
10th Nov 2006, 01:35
I think if you explain the situation, that you are keen and are only asking for some more time to organise the leave needed due to current work commitments then they will be understanding. At least thats the impression i have of their operation and the people in recruiting.

My belief (and i hope theirs) is that a person that does not leave their current employer in the lurch wont do that to them in the future...cant be a bad thing.

G'Luck

Mink
10th Nov 2006, 03:58
I've had to turn down an interview offer for military stuff I could not get out of. I sent in an update to my app a few months later and was offered another interview within a week of the update. So if your excuse is valid, I think they are willing to make more than one attempt at interviewing those they are interested in. Just keep the updates flowing to show you're still interested.