PDA

View Full Version : India visa... Whats the deal?

specialbrew
8th Nov 2006, 16:22
Looks like we have a possible trip to India coming up soon. Whats the deal with crew visa requirements?

Is a business visa required? if so can anyone recommend a visa assistance comapany in the UK to take the hassle out of the process?

tomtailwind
8th Nov 2006, 23:05
:ok: You can get a CREW visa on arrival for 72 hours, but you need to send your passport details to you handling agent in India.They will keep your passport so you can not then fly interal flights! Best to get a normal visa before you go. You will need a letter from the person/company involved with reason for travel. Indian High commission visa dept London tel = 02072401012. Be prepaired for lots of red tape in India!

globallocal
9th Nov 2006, 00:58
TTW is correct, but you can do internal flts as long as you get permision, was there in Aug and the didn't keep our passports. But make sure you take lots of paitience with you and a pair of scissors with you as well, to cut through the red tape! :ugh:

gulfstreamflyer2000
10th Nov 2006, 20:08
Much easier to get your visa before you go. You can download the visa forms from the Indian High Commission website and get a multiple entry that is valid for a year. If you do it yourself be prepared to sit in the embassy for a few hours. Alternatively use visa express. V Good, effiecient and fast

Farrell
10th Nov 2006, 22:34
You can read all about my India visa nightmares in Jet Blast here:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246590&highlight=India

If you do not have a UK passport and you want to get a tourist visa for India at the Indian High Commission in London, you must be able to prove residency for a year in the UK - or have a UK driver's licence with a UK address on it.

This is the only thing that saved my ass having tried on an Irish passport to get a visa in:

Germany: where I live but for less than a year.
France: where I am resident but have no driver's licence.
Ireland: where I have a passport but no residency since been away for more than two years.

Before you go and every second that you are there, you are classed as a person to be ripped off at every step.
Out of two weeks in India last month, I had two good days - thanks to a fellow ppruner who looked after me for a weekend.

Mark Achten
13th Nov 2006, 16:56
The only good thing is your going at a time when temperatures are lower. Water out of the tap is deathly to outsiders, be warned. AKA "Delhi Bellie"

specialbrew
20th Nov 2006, 19:37
Thanks for the info fella's much appreciated :ok: :ok:

dss3000
20th Nov 2006, 23:49
Hi Folks
I'm off to Mumbai shortly, I'll be there for six weeks! do i need any kind of special immunization? I realize the water issue anything else I should take into considerations?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Panama Jack
21st Nov 2006, 07:59
You should visit your local health clinic to get the recommendations of professionals on immunizations.

I would definately get Hepatitis A vaccine (Hepatitis A is spread through contaminated food/water), and Typhoid (which can be an orally-taken vaccine). Make sure all the rest of your shots are up-to-date (MMR and Polio).

Hep A is done over a 6 month period, however Havrix is the name of the vaccine and should be available also in India if you start your series in Canada (will start protecting you immediately, and with the full series covers you at least 10 years).

dss3000
21st Nov 2006, 14:33
Thanks Panama Jack

Cheers,