PDA

View Full Version : Photo transfer

Slow Progress
7th Nov 2006, 22:53
:ok: I have a Nokia 7610 and I wish to put the photos on to my pc.

Does anybody know if this is possible and if so how do you do it?

I am not a computer whizz so you'd have to make it sound pretty simple :ok:

Thanks

Slow Progress

planecrazy.eu
7th Nov 2006, 23:25
Yes you can is the answer =)

There are four ways..

1) Bluetooth
2) InfaRed
3) Direct Cable
4) Memory Card Reader

When i had that phone i used bluetooth, i had a bluetooth on my laptop. If you dont then you need to buy a cable from the phone shop. Or you can get the memory card reader for MMC. MMC will slot into SD Card readers, i got one for a few pounds of ebay, sure there not too much more in the stores.

Its real simple once you have the connection method, and opens up a whole new world with your phone, as you can add ring tones or games and even applications, as well as back up those pictures.

Jhieminga
9th Nov 2006, 08:31
I would suggest getting a cable. IR is very slow and bluetooth can also be slow on older models. As for a card reader, it works well but you cannot use Nokia PC suite then, it's purely for transfering files, and I'm guessing that on that model you will have to take your phone apart each time you want to transfer something.

I used a cable for my 6230 and on my newer 6233 I switch between cable and Bluetooth, whatever is available. You need a DKU-2 cable for that phone and these are usually available from phone shops or through the internet, depending on your preference. The 'official' Nokia cable can be quite costly but 'no name' replacement cables work just as well.

BOAC
9th Nov 2006, 09:22
http://europe.nokia.com/A4144109