PDA

View Full Version : part time dispatching

ozzieb88
7th Nov 2006, 18:29
hello,

i am currently in my second year of studying airline and airport ops, i was wondering is there any flight dispatch in part time? i would love to work dispatching and it would be great along side my studies. anyone know of anything? LGW

and where i could find out info on dispatch jobs part time

thanks

oz

older_wiser
7th Nov 2006, 19:38
hello,
i am currently in my second year of studying airline and airport ops, i was wondering is there any flight dispatch in part time? i would love to work dispatching and it would be great along side my studies. anyone know of anything? LGW
and where i could find out info on dispatch jobs part time
thanks
oz

Is there really such a course that can take 2 years at College, What do they teach you for goodness sake.

Most of what you would need to know can be learned pratically by working at an airport ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ozzieb88
7th Nov 2006, 20:33
yes theres principles of flight, aviation law, ramp handling, emergancy ops, fuel planning, scheduled performance, weight and balance and it goes on and on! im really looking for dispatching for a few years experiance, want to become a pilot in future :ok:

oz

older_wiser
8th Nov 2006, 22:36
Good luck, you'll probably find that many of the ground handlers often recruit.

I am still flabbagasted that they find enough to fill a college course as i have said most of what you list above can be learned " on the shopfloor " so to speak and practical experience will always be 10 times more useful than anything you learn in a class, Believe me !