PDA

View Full Version : swissport BHX

mole man
7th Nov 2006, 18:10
can anybody help me with the types of aircraft and the companies that swissport handle at BHX

CDP8
8th Nov 2006, 11:08
FlyBe dash's 146's E195
Monarch 320 321's
MyTravel 320's
Swiss F100's AR8's
Mahan Air A310's
PIA A310's
First Choice 757's
Air Malta 319 320's
Eurocypria 737 800's
Cyprus Airways A321's
Turkmenistan 757's

I think!
:ok:

mole man
8th Nov 2006, 12:17
many thanks CDP8

Lite
8th Nov 2006, 14:17
Swissport have only had the flybe contract for a year so far, any idea whether it is to be extended after the BA Connect merger or are they going self-handling?

older_wiser
8th Nov 2006, 22:38
:confused: I see on Aviation Jobsearch that Swissport BHX are looking for a station manager, don't they have anyone at present ? and what happened to the last manager ?

AvianceUK
9th Nov 2006, 20:20
I believe he is hiding out down at CWL!! Taken on as 'project manager' for six months ( with Aviance )... Been here for three......

Chef
10th Nov 2006, 16:35
Seems Swissport can't keep hold of their managers, LGW manager left !!!!!! STN EZY manager went off to BHX, left & now with Aviance?????????? New general manager at STN, RYR manager stepped down, previous GM back to RYR station manager. Training manager for the company has resigned ( goodluck GR you deserve better)
What's going on:= := :=

older_wiser
12th Nov 2006, 16:38
Seems Swissport can't keep hold of their managers, LGW manager left !!!!!! STN EZY manager went off to BHX, left & now with Aviance?????????? New general manager at STN, RYR manager stepped down, previous GM back to RYR station manager. Training manager for the company has resigned ( goodluck GR you deserve better)

Why is this ? I thought Swissport were the market leaders for ground handling ?

Who is running the company ?

KiloMIke
13th Nov 2006, 07:22
I thought the MAN Station Manager was down there. What has happened to her?

Chef
13th Nov 2006, 21:23
Twas a sad day when ND went off to Switzerland!!!!

There not only unhappy at BHX, STN their looking to get out too.

AvianceUK
17th Nov 2006, 16:11
Hmmm Same as ours( ex Swiss ) ( Aviance though )... Not much change here yet! I think he's taken on more than he can chew!! We Welsh are hard to please!!!!

As he is known locally - pop-up, He's not great on his knowledge of the workings of a handling agent! I'd be surprised if we ( Aviance ) turn things around before next summer the way things are going!!! And I don't want to be here next summer!!! MANY pissed off with us after the takeover!!

Funny though as he's here during the quiet period! Winter will fix all, summer will **** on you!! Nice outlook!! Though still waiting for winter fixes!!!

Has anyone any experience with him at BHX?? Would love to hear of your stories!!!

Sorry to deviate a little from the thread!! But as he is ex Swissport, then I suppose it's nice to know what they are doing now!! Despite defecting!!

minimums
17th Nov 2006, 16:41
I knew some of those managers who have gone although I didn't work directly for them. Not so much 'leaving in droves' seems that Swissport are actually having a cull of the poor ones in most cases at last. One of my mates at STN says that the new guy is apparently very good and is sorting out the dead wood.