PDA

View Full Version : Wizz Air - Salary

ExtraR
7th Nov 2006, 14:33
Any one have an ideea about how much a F/O or Capt in Wizz Air is earning ?

BobbyK
7th Nov 2006, 19:23
You want the terms and endearment forum...a simple such for 'Wizz Air Salary' will sort you out

Heres one thread for example
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=139952&highlight=wizz+air+salary

FlightDetent
8th Nov 2006, 10:06
It is also worth mentioning that you should not forget to select "include posts older than 1 year" option for the search.

BobbK, in the thread you linked, the last pay info is dated 20th October 2004, 22:50, just short of two years. I really think you need to be smarter than that before telling people off.

So, anyone know the figures for 2007?

FD.
(the un-real)

ChocksAwayUK
8th Nov 2006, 10:47
Cuh... he tries to help and then gets told off for 'telling people off".

Anyway, PPJN (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/factfile.php?id=292f0zqcaczce25hr2au8zekjccy32btz1ypq9prbbre 2hhgah0) has slightly more up to date info.

FlightDetent
8th Nov 2006, 12:48
Sorting out/ telling off, never mind. Thanks for the link anyway.

el caballero rojo
9th Nov 2006, 10:06
Hi, at last I can give some info about Wizzair.

I had my interview a couple of weeks ago.
Wizzair provided me with a return ticket to Warsaw.
I elected to go 3 days early to visit Poland and to see a bit of Warsaw.

The inbound flight was almost full. Cabin crew really nice, safety procedures and demos were perfect.
The landing in Warsaw was nice despite a nice gusty x-wind.
I rented an appartment in the old town about 25 to 40 min from the airport.
It´s a nice town where I could live wasn´t it for my wife. For here it would be almost impossible to find a job without speaking the language.
A short search for nice apartments gave as result you need to pay about +/- 900 euros to find something up to high standard.
Food and drinks are OK and cost less than in Western Europe.

The interview was in the Novotel near the Airport. Unable to walk the distance.
The taxis are cheap. About 2 to 3 slottis a Kilometer.

1. Introduction Wizzair for Polish pilots, about 30 minutes
1. Introduction Wizzair for other pilots with a brief about salary,...
1030 - 1700
One by one interviewed by
a. 2 nice HR ladies.
Why you want to work for Wizzair?
What is a good co-pilot/captain
You have a burning smell in the Cockpit, at least you think, Capt says no,...what do you do?
... all sort of crm questions and about your person
b. 2 base captains and an instructor
Why you want to work for Wizzair, what do you expect,... what they offer
Tech questions:
as I am rated I had to draw the Airbus fuel system on a flip over and had to explain it together with fuel limitations.
Some low vis questions, CAT2 and Cat3.
Requirements for alternates regarding wx.

Then the most important part for me:

I must say that all the people at Wizzair are really nice. It is not an airline as you should expect with the infrastructure of LH,AF,KLM,....
It´s a bit basic everything but I can deal with that and the atmosphere is more important for me.
I am a rated First Officer with about 5000 hours total
I only applied as Captain. They stressed out that due to past histories with DEC´s leaving after getting the Command at Wizz they do not hire directly on the left side unless you are a Captain.
They offered me a Senior FO position with a possible upgrade within 3 months and I believe them. Unfortunately the only word that counts in aviation is the written word.:(
As they have 2 aircraft coming in the beginning of 2007 they need Captains fast for a base in Poland, either Warsaw,Gdansk or Katowice.
So I believe they would upgrade as they promise. I had to turn it down because of the money. I have a lot of costs that wouldn´t be covered by the SFO pay.

Western Pilots are payed in the Netherlands via a contract firm.

Salary:
Capt. 40000 Euros gross per annum
Junior Capt's 36000 for the first 6 months
SFO 25000
FO 20000

Sector pay
Capt and Junior Capt's 60 Euros per sector
FO and SFO 30 Euros
average flown sectors 35-50 monthly with 400 a year guaranteed

Roster
planned to be 6 ON / 4 OFF

Social Security and tax
8% added in order to pay in land of residence where you can pay your taxes or wherever you could

Employment starts with the beginning of line training.

So guys,... I hope this gives you an idea about Wizzair.
I say it again,... I really liked the people and they were all professional in my opinion.
Pitty that the money is an issue,... despite that I would say that they sound like a nice bunch of people to work with.

Aussie
9th Nov 2006, 23:17
Thanks for that post....

So the whole interview process completed in a single day?

Aussie

el caballero rojo
10th Nov 2006, 08:54
Yep just one day.
About 10 pilots attended the interview day with some returning home after 2 hours and some after waiting their turn the whole day.

picobello
11th Nov 2006, 12:43
Thanks for this superb post. I'm going for interview at the end of the month and see what they will offer me....

Fly high:ok:

davey147
11th Nov 2006, 13:46
Isnt 30,000 euros a very poor wage for a pilot, thats like Ģ20,000. I've probably missed something.

You can get that as a manager in McDonalds. :)

Aussie
12th Nov 2006, 00:49
Thats exactly why he didnt take the job!

Aussie

CAT III DUAL
13th Nov 2006, 07:34
I donīt have any clue how a pilot considers joining WizzAir for that
little money, whereas the large lowcost airlines in Europe are desparately
searching for pilots to man their airplanes for at least triple that salary of Wizzair,
let alone all those jobs outside Europe...:oh:

bear11
13th Nov 2006, 12:30
Buddy, you’re right – you don’t have a clue. Add up the 40k salary and guaranteed sector pay of 24k for an A320 Captain, that gives 64k or just over 5k per month. That’s relatively normal for “central” Europe. If you know airlines that pay over triple that, let us know and I expect you’ll be killed in the rush. Double it and you’ll be very lucky, and half it extra and you’re somewhere near most Captain’s salary in Europe or on contract outside. If you think that's bad, you should see what those guys were on before they joined the EU.

Not to defend the salary, but seeing as you’re wondering where they come from and I have friends who work there, they’re offering jobs to F/Os with 2,500 hours to convert to LHS after about 6 months (some of these guys don’t even have A320 ratings), and they’re offering commands to experienced F/Os from older central European airlines who otherwise would wait til doomsday to get an upgrade. Once these guys have LHS experience and have worked off their bonds, where do you think they’re heading - so who's using who?

B738
15th Nov 2006, 17:29
I've also the opportunity to join Wizzair as F/O without a typerating but I think I will not do it. The salary is very low (I didn't get 400sectors guaranteed) and I have to sign a bond for 5 years, and 5 years is a very long time even when you are not happy in Poland...

ExtraR
23rd Nov 2006, 05:55
Thanks to everybody for your comments. :ok:

Honestly i was expecting to see incomes closer to Ryan Air level or at least the same level as the salaries in Turkish Operators - MNG, Pegasus or Sky.

In SOF as i heard Wizz Air offer is well above Bulgarian Operators offer at this moment.

ExtraR