PDA

View Full Version : Poles apart

mention1
7th Nov 2006, 10:37
Well seeing that this is the Rumour Network I was wondering if anyone has heard these:

Red-Rat Regional hit a light pole on taxi out at SYD recently and sliced off a section of wing. Rumour is that he had to be told to stop as he didn't feel it.

Same airline had a Cabin Altitude warning on their central warning Panel but didn't see anything because the sun was shining on it.

News also from their competitor with Blue and Ocar markings. A Captain was complaining in the staff paper and was publically told to pull head by CEO in or receive a good referance.

Can anyone substantiate?

mention1
23rd Nov 2006, 03:11
Anyone?
bueller

bueller

?

The_Cutest_of_Borg
23rd Nov 2006, 04:05
Red-Rat Regional hit a light pole on taxi out at SYD recently and sliced off a section of wing. Rumour is that he had to be told to stop as he didn't feel it.

I guess what you wrote is so improbable that no-one wants to dignify it with an answer...

Light poles in the middle of taxiways???!

keepemseperated
23rd Nov 2006, 04:26

Yep this one is true. Bay 59 @ T2, wasn't at work at the time, but the aircraft apparently vacated the bay in the wrong direction and the wing struck a light pole. Not sure about not knowing, but was told that it was a Senior Check Captain driving at the time.

Inbound On Descent
23rd Nov 2006, 04:31
..beat me too it keep'em....whilst I was busy agreeing to the rules of the forums !!..

yep..heard this one too. Lots of Dash 8's following taxi lines very carefully for the last couple of weeks !...one wouldn't share an apron with me...waited 'til I vacated the bay next door before parking !

oopsadaisie !

king oath
23rd Nov 2006, 04:51
Nope.
The only current rumour I've heard is about a number of SYD Load controllers allegedly being stood down for accessing material on computers that Mother Teresa wouldn't view.

The_Cutest_of_Borg
23rd Nov 2006, 08:58
I stand corrected then...:eek:

Taildragger67
23rd Nov 2006, 15:35
I stand corrected then...:eek:

What's that come-back to this comment in The Dish?! :}

Sorry TCOB, couldn't help myself; one of my fave flicks.

rammel
24th Nov 2006, 08:08
For a rumour network, that doesn't always have a lot of rumours. It seems that there are 2 rumours in here which are fact.

mention1
4th Dec 2006, 04:31
Oh I have heard a lot of rumours lately!

how about:

Dash-8 in Sydney being lifted up while taxiing out by a wind gust and damaging fuselage.?

Anyone?