PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new life...

PTY_girl
5th Nov 2006, 17:38
Hello all!!

I'm a licenced aircraft dispatcher (at least in my country) and I move to the UK to get married last year. Having learn about the people, the culture, the lovely weather, plus the married life, I want to set back into aviation, but I been looking around for what do I need to know (study things) and I haven't found almost nothing at all! There is no define material for dispatchers to study, maybe CAA Cap 360, but overall not much.
So my main questions are:
- If I want to find study material for dispatchers in the UK and Europe, where do I have to go?
- Is there any flight school or aviation school with courses for dispatchers?
The other info that I have received is that overall the operations-dispatch learnings is most on the job that in a school or a training, but it have to be at least any reference material to know before aplying to a dispatcher's job.
- Obviously, about vacancies, but what I really need to know is what are the minimun requirements for dispatchers? I have overall 5 years in aviation, in which 3 years where in American Airlines as a safety and security agent and then they sponsor my dispatch licence, and I move to Copa Airlines for about 2 years as a dispatcher, doing flight planning and weight and balance. Plus I study about a year of Air Traffic Control back in 1999, but I decided that wasn't my thing.
Do I need more experience in the UK? if so, where should I go and how do I start?
Thank u very much indeed for your time. :)