PDA

View Full Version : scrambling for com

Twinbo
5th Nov 2006, 08:27
Hi there

I'm looking for some advice: After obtaining a PPL, what should one do to get CPL when the money is running out?

I've checked all the trees and there seems to be no money on them :}

thanks in advance

putt for dough
5th Nov 2006, 17:40
Do whatever you can do, remaining within the boundaries
of the law ofcourse :ok:

Oh and don't forget to want it, if you want it
badly enough you will get it!!
Now get off your laurels and make it work for you.

Good luck!

Contract Dog
6th Nov 2006, 07:59
Mate, most schools have a cadet scheme where you can go and do your PPL and if they see that you are keen, they will take you on to do all the ops work and manual labour and whatever else is needed to help run the school. in return, you get F all money, a place to live and a few hrs flying a month and a ground school for the com after a year. I know many guys who have done it that way and they are all flying today and did it all without daddys money. good luck!
P.s. the schools I know of that do it are progress, aptrac and 43. not too sure if they do it at any others.

Twinbo
6th Nov 2006, 16:35
Thanks guys. Some great advice :)

Oh and don't forget to want it, if you want it
badly enough you will get it!!

George Tower
7th Nov 2006, 14:03
At your age, get yourself a working holiday visa, spend a year in the UK sweating your bollocks off doing whatever pays best saving every penny then get back and polish off the rest of your CPL.

NB On a SA PPL you can fly in the UK, on aircraft types you're rated on in SA, usually subject to a check ride, but I'd guess you'd be looking at +/- £100 for an hour in C172 so perhaps not the best use of finite funds, but good to know if you need a flying fix.

Rgds

GT

flyboy6876
8th Nov 2006, 02:35
And along the lines of GT's advice, you may want to consider Oz - there is miningi work here at the moment, especially if you have a trade.