PDA

View Full Version : NJE Indoc

SuperHornet
3rd Nov 2006, 21:12
Hi there!

Not too far away now from the indoc and had a few questions before flying out to LIS:

- Is it advisable to bring an extra suitcase for all your uniform-stuff? You get quite a lot and it probably won't fit in my suitcase which already has 2 weeks worth of clothes in it. I guess it might also mean some overweight charge on check-in for the return flight?!

- When you are told your a/c type, do you get the startdate for the course as well? If so, is it straight after the indoc, or is there a chance you might go home again for a week or so before heading out?

- Are the type ratings still mostly done in the US, or is it where ever there is a sim available?

- The indoc itself, is it a normal 5-day 9-till-5 job (x2), or is it 2 days looking around, 1 day off, etc.?

That's it! Just looking for answers and not starting a debate about whether it is smart or not to join NJE...! ;)

Many thanks!

SH :ok:

hawkerpilot
3rd Nov 2006, 22:05
If you like the Muppetshow, you will enjoy it. Don't forget your pink glasses! You will need those the first year......:rolleyes:

PPRuNeUser0215
4th Nov 2006, 07:24
The company will refund you any excess luggage you may have when returning from the Indoc or the Type rating course.

My indoc was 6 days on, one off then 5 on. Starts pretty much all the time at 9 but occasionally earlier depending on the what is required to do on certain days (ie US Embassy).

Don't forget to bring a suit as it is the normal dress code during th indoc. Saying that they have a "dress down Friday" policy. Very American but basically you can dress smart casual (no T Shirt) on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
You will get one lot of free laundry whilst staying at the Hotel so perhaps no need to bring two weeks worth of clothes. Of course it is the winter but there is a swimming pool, a gym and the sea is also very close. Every evening on the beach, I wore cool sunglasses rather than pink tinted ones ;) whilst enjoying a very relaxed "course". No pressure.

EatMyShorts!
4th Nov 2006, 07:24
Your poor liver ;)

Dik
8th Nov 2006, 16:43
I'm awaiting my date for indoc.
Is a medical also a part of the deal?
Dik

PPRuNeUser0215
9th Nov 2006, 06:02
If I may Mike,
There is no Medical as such but they will take a blood and urine sample from you. It takes place early during the indoc, the purpose being Alcohol and Drug abuse testing.
So if you don't like needles .... ;)