PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet 747 400 sim and tech questions

jetaries
3rd Nov 2006, 17:20
Someone out there that would be so kind to give me some advise on what act.lly takes place during the sim test and what airports are used.
I also have no idea on the technical questions. I would be gratefull if someone could help me out. :ugh:

JW411
3rd Nov 2006, 18:07
Have easyJet got Boeing 747-400s? I don't think so.

Rj111
3rd Nov 2006, 18:49
There was a good April fools joke going around a few years back that U2 would wet lease a 747 classic.

Captain Airclues
3rd Nov 2006, 19:16
Jw411

easyJet use the 747-400 sim at Burgess Hill for their sim assessments as it can be flown 'raw data' with all of the computer thinks switched off.

jetaries

I believe that it follows the standard sim assessment profile. Raw data take-off and clean-up. Raw data handling. Procedural approach and raw data ILS and go-around. You will be sent the power settings, attitudes, checklists and calls prior to the detail.

Good Luck

Airclues

RAT 5
3rd Nov 2006, 19:39
Use only Thrust levers 2 & 3 to make it more realistic.

Any sim can be used in raw data!!! Why does it have to be a B747? However, it is good fun to try, for whatever a/c you are being recruited on. A pilot is a pilot. I'm sure any PPL has dreamed of the day of hearing the PA; "is there a pilot on board".

Gary Lager
4th Nov 2006, 14:48
You'll get a full brief, in enough time to learn all you need to know, before the assessment.

Otherwise, as mentioned, just a generic check-out of basic flying and non-technical skills - you ought to be able to recognise which are under more scrutiny here!

Tech quiz is multi-choice and fairly generic for airline interviews - a moderate amount of basic prep on tech subjects should set you up for the quiz, however there is a technical aspect to the interview so learning the 'questions' beforehand won't help there.

There are no tricks or traps, it may be cliche but the best advice really is valid - just be yourself.

JW411
4th Nov 2006, 21:08
jetaries & Capt Airclues:

I do apologise; I had no idea that easyJet would have the pretention to use a Boeing 744 simulator for folks destined to fly twin-engined medium jets.

Craggenmore
5th Nov 2006, 10:43
I do apologise; I had no idea that easyJet would have the pretention to use a Boeing 744 simulator for folks destined to fly twin-engined medium jets. BA now also use their 744 sims to test out pilots for their twin-engined medium jets, (the BAC 1-11 has gone!)

issi noho
5th Nov 2006, 11:31
There is a good chance of LPL sids, as they stop a 4k to keep the px on from the 3 clean up. Fly the atitudes carefully, rough set the thrust and use your p2 for fine tuning. work well as a team, help each other out. Aim to improve over the session. It will be over in a flash.

Get the CX books for tech question advice.

unablereqnavperf
6th Nov 2006, 17:55
The number of engines has nothing to do with the assesment you are only being asessed on your raw flying skills, therefore the a/c type and number of engines is irrelavent.

JW411
7th Nov 2006, 11:21
Quite right; silly me; I consider myself well and truly b*llocked. I have learned nothing in the last 50 years.

By the way, the word you are striving for is "irrelevant".

duece19
7th Nov 2006, 17:33
But really tho... they are looking for basic flying skills and good crm. What difference does it make to fly a 747 or a Dash 8, back on the stick is up, forward on the stick is down, left and right is self explanatory.

Its a bloody simulator and its no harder to fly a 747 rawdata than a friggin 1-11

unablereqnavperf
7th Nov 2006, 17:34
Cheers, if I could spell I'd have a real job doing something usefull!