PDA

View Full Version : bmi - BALPA Ballot Suspension

upandoffmyside
3rd Nov 2006, 12:55
What's going on with bmi BALPA ?

First a withdrawal of the ballot papers because of an admin error requiring new ballot papers to be sent out to everyone, and now a suspension of the ballot to allow more time for the PIB (People in Business - consultants) report to be studied.

Would this have anything to do with the howls of protest received following the issuing of the 3 year RPI deal to a ballot, that totally missed the original mandate for 2006 and misjudged the pilot mood completely ?

How is the PIB report going to change anything or have bmi management suddenly gone all touchy-feely ?

Carnage Matey!
3rd Nov 2006, 13:07
Why are People In Business getting any business from BALPA? IIRC they were the people behind the discredited 'Guiding Principles' strategy for BALPA in BA which meant BA could write anything they wanted and BALPA had to submit articles to BA for censorship. I wonder if somebody at the BALPA HQ has a mate in PiB.

Count von Altibar
4th Nov 2006, 19:18
The 3 year deal will never get past the memebers and BALPA/bmi management know this. That's why the brakes have been applied to the ballot. It's back to the drawing board I'm afraid, it wouldn't be hard to improve on that pathetic document produced by the union.

Fuzzy112
5th Nov 2006, 21:51
Count,
I don't know what you are the Count of but you speak a load of complete *******s. I suggest that anyone reading this thread ignore the statements being made by the Count. He clearly does not have the big picture!

acbus1
6th Nov 2006, 11:09
BALPA may be just as aware as the bmi management that smokescreens, irrelevancies, red herrings etc all serve to delay a conclusion to this matter.

By delaying a conclusion, the already weak minded membership will gradually lose heart and simply give up in a wave of complete apathy, disinterest, stupidity or gullibility.

I've explained the tactics of bmi many times in previous posts on other threads. Looks like BALPA might be playing the same game.

I refuse to waste my time any further in explaining them yet again to a hopeless bunch of retards, many of whom respond to my advice with nothing short of aggression.

.....well here's some of that in return (in anticipation).

Oh! And stand by for the usual management "spoiler" inputs, this time aided and abetted by BALPA and it's representatives no doubt......Fuzzy112 is a dead cert.

I.C.Nosignal
6th Nov 2006, 12:47
So BALPA and bmi management are in collusion to screw the workforce ?
Its a conspiracy I tells ya a conspiracy !! only acbus1 can see it - The "voices" told him this would happen!! :ugh:

acbus1, I suggest you should seek therapeutic help about your one man campaign against bmi.

You by your own admission no longer work for bmi yet you try and influence bmi employees with your constant sniping and opinion.

Listen to some friendly advice and take up a hobby (stamp collecting maybe)instead of trying to interfere in things that are not your concern:ok:

acbus1
6th Nov 2006, 13:21
Thanks for the idea.....a hobby you say?

Maybe singing?

"Me-e-e-e- and My Sha-a-a-a-a-dow........." comes to mind (every post I make elicits a response from a small but "happy" (slap happy, I reckon) band of admirers.....I.C. being one of the most faithful!)

So, singing it is.........want to be in my choir, I.C.? I have just the position for you. The high notes will be no problem at all.

I.C.Nosignal
6th Nov 2006, 13:27
No thanks I couldn`t stand your high pitched whining all the time, anyway you only sing one song and that gets boring and repetetive after a while,

You would be better singing with your mates ie SOLO!!!:D

acbus1
6th Nov 2006, 13:53
OK, then, I'll follow your other suggestion and seek theraputic help.

Erm......but can you advise what theraputic help actually is, please?

Is it anything like therapeutic help?

.......or do you need to seek spelling help (amongst other, more obvious, things)?

I.C.Nosignal
6th Nov 2006, 14:14
Spelling corrected,
pity it isn`t as easy to correct a bitter and twisted mind:{

Looker
6th Nov 2006, 14:47
At least you got a ballot paper (for a short while) :}

At Baby we're still waiting for any news at all - the CC have disappeared off the radar screen :*

All that the threatened strike has produced is a 'Day Free of Duty' converted into a 'Day Off' - a no cost concession for the Company. Hardly 'the significant development' that the Gen Sec informed us was the reason for calling off the strike. The Company & BALPA are aware that if this was ever balloted the No vote would be huge and so prevarication remains the management/BALPA tactic of choice :ugh:

The actions of BALPA throughout this shambles has been that of a paper tiger. They seem more concerned about maintaining their image of 'working alongside management' than they do of following through on members wishes to secure an equitable settlement :ugh:

alterego
6th Nov 2006, 16:19
Definitely. Baby CC away with the fairies or somewhere, no news for ages.

Rumour control has it that Mainline CC are about to go public with a 3 year deal. Good luck!

acbus1
7th Nov 2006, 12:46
prevarication remains the management/BALPA tactic of choice

Thanks for the confirmation of my own take on things, Looker. Smokescreens, mirrors and red herrings, BALPA style.

Funny how I.C. Nosignal doesn't have a snipe at you as well, though.

(Basically, I down't fink he wikes me vewwy much.)

Wonder if he'll come up with a constructive opinion of his own regarding BALPA's actions (or lack of action, more like). I somehow think not.

Tags
7th Nov 2006, 16:39
As a fairly regular purveyor of these forums (and an ex BM employee) it seems to me that as soon as a Midland thread has started, "acbus1" can't wait to post a tirade of negative comments about both the employees and the company!

Can I ask you if you used to work for Midland, and if so, in what role?
If you did, why did you leave?
Why the bitterness?

mccdatabase
7th Nov 2006, 18:24
Wonder if he'll come up with a constructive opinion of his own regarding BALPA's actions (or lack of action, more like). I somehow think not.
I would speculate that since BALPA have seen the company accounts,they probably realised that causing more losses to the company through industrial action would not be the cleverest thing to do.

I.C.Nosignal
7th Nov 2006, 18:52
Thanks for the confirmation of my own take on things, Looker. Smokescreens, mirrors and red herrings, BALPA style.

So, BALPA (the organisation we pay to represent us) want more time to study the PIB report and acbus1 thinks this indicates some sort of collusion on BALPA`s part with bmi management. Just remind me acbus1, how exactly are you affected by this issue??

Quite honestly nobody is interested in "your take on things" especially on things that do not concern or affect you.

as I have previously advised, go and find another hobby!!

I.C.Nosignal
7th Nov 2006, 18:56
Can I ask you if you used to work for Midland, and if so, in what role?
If you did, why did you leave?
Why the bitterness?

Probably failed to make the grade during interview!!

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned":{

acbus1
8th Nov 2006, 18:23
How is the PIB report going to change anything

I wonder if somebody at the BALPA HQ has a mate in PiB.

it wouldn't be hard to improve on that pathetic document produced by the union.

The deal is total rubbish and cannot be allowed to stand.

BALPA may be just as aware as the bmi management that smokescreens, irrelevancies, red herrings etc all serve to delay a conclusion to this matter.

The Company & BALPA are aware that if this was ever balloted the No vote would be huge and so prevarication remains the management/BALPA tactic of choice

Baby CC away with the fairies or somewhere, no news for ages.

Oh dear, all you acbus1 bashers, unless you stop burning all that peurile, angry energy that you're wasting on me and start coming up with some decent, relevant comments, then you'll remain way, way behind in winning this argument.

BALPA.....want more time to study the PIB report

You're having a laugh, aren't you?

Tags
8th Nov 2006, 22:10
Not trying to win an arguement - just asked a couple of questions to try and understand why your hatred runs so deep!

I.C.Nosignal
8th Nov 2006, 22:11
Oh dear, all you acbus1 bashers, unless you stop burning all that peurile, angry energy that you're wasting on me and start coming up with some decent, relevant comments, then you'll remain way, way behind in winning this argument

Kettle.Pot,Black??

We, the bmi employees can argue amongst ourselves without the "benefit" of your "wisdom" or input thank you very much.:=

I am extremely puzzled as to why you would want to get involved in,and try to influence(without success!) the decisions affecting a company you do not work for.:confused:

mccdatabase
9th Nov 2006, 01:05
I guess some folks just can`t resist trying to "helpful":}

Count von Altibar
9th Nov 2006, 02:16
Why not just let acbus1 have his say? He's obviously disgruntled with the midland management and at the end of the day who here can blame him (apart from bmi management!)? In-fighting will get us nowhere. It's trying times at bmi, things seems to be getting worse as time goes by. Lets hope the union/company have a change of tact and we can all move forward from this destructive state of affairs that currently exists.

Regards, The Count

I.C.Nosignal
9th Nov 2006, 04:32
He's obviously disgruntled with the midland management

That is the understatement of the decade!!

acbus1
9th Nov 2006, 05:24
As I understand it, this is a public part of the Forum and anyone can post.

I'd have thought it was obvious that I'm disgruntled, in this case, with BALPA! That's the thread topic, the last time I checked!

As a BALPA member, I reckon I have as much right to comment on their performance as anyone.

I'm also disgusted that the historical failure of the bmi workforce to stick to their guns is being exploited. It's my opinion that BALPA are relying upon the traditional stupidity, weakness and apathy of the majority of their bmi membership.

By delaying industrial action, BALPA are possibly attempting to dodge their responsibilities.

Still, at least I.C.Nosignal contributed something to the thread.......

So, BALPA (the organisation we pay to represent us)......

'the organisation we pay to represent us'

How come, then, they aren't representing the democratic vote of the bmi pilot workforce to strike?

Hmmmmm?

I.C.Nosignal
9th Nov 2006, 17:44
acbus1
the only purpose of any of your posts is to try and ferment unrest within the bmi workforce, may I remind you that you do not work for bmi, and I do understand that you left under a cloud, but really man get a grip!. If you do want to cause some industrial strife why don`t you do it with own company and not someone elses ?.
It's my opinion that BALPA are relying upon the traditional stupidity, weakness and apathy of the majority of their bmi membership.

I`m sure that the bmi membership are pleased to know that you consider them stupid,weak and apathetic, lets hope you never need the help of the fellow professionals that you have such contempt for.

We all know that a strike is a weapon of last resort and there are never any real winners when labour is withdrawn.I would fully expect BALPA and bmi to exhaust ALL possibility of a negotiated settlement before taking strike action.

BALPA are there to represent the bmi memberships best interests, not to fight a battle you lost some years ago!