PDA

View Full Version : 4200TT looking for a job

aviatn
3rd Nov 2006, 09:39
Hello,
I'am about to complete my licence conversion from my Canadaian ATPL to an JAR ATPL. I should be done by January.
Since I am somewhat unfamiliar with the jobscene here in Europe, I would be interested in finding out whether it would make sense to send out my CV now since my conversion is just a short time away, or whether I should wait until I have licence in hand?
Where would I apply.
Your comments are much appreciated.
Thank you.

I can also be reached at: [email protected]

PPRuNeUser0215
4th Nov 2006, 07:34
Try there... http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/
A few addresses and details you might want to have a look at.

Depending on your type of hours (ie not all single engine), I would not restrict myself to Turboprop operators thinking that you would be lucky to land a job on Dash 8.
Here and you may have already realised that, the market is very different to the North American one and in spite of people moaning about what they perceive to be a tough time for low hours guys, it is far from being the case.
So aim high but do not exclude anyone. All you need is to get going then you will be well on your way.

With regards to timing your application, I guess you could try to apply early. Not sure it will will be detrimental to you (I doubt it) plus you might be lucky and land a job right before the end of your conversion. Someone might have some personal experience to share with you on that one.

Good luck