PDA

View Full Version : Smaller schools - triple a eastern airways

planeshipcar
2nd Nov 2006, 22:14
Hi,

I was wondering what people thought of triple a flying. I've heard it is highly pressured, is this true. I would love to know a bit more.

Also what is the wolverhampton flight centre like?

Polarhero
3rd Nov 2006, 07:12
HI planeshipcar

"I've heard it is highly pressured, is this true."

I have just finished with Triple A, and i have not found that much pressure. In fact a gave myself more pressure than any school could ever give.

I can tell you one thing tho, i personally am very glad i did the CPL and IR with them. I know for sure that the standard i have got to is much higher than the place that i was originally going to go and train at.

hope that helps

Andy

scroggs
3rd Nov 2006, 07:16
Wolverhampton Flight School (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222248).

Triple-A (the UK not Californian version, which is persona non grata here) seems not to have been commented on here, though Harv's Air (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=184684&highlight=harv%27s) has several times.

Scroggs

Captain Spam Can
3rd Nov 2006, 10:06
So planeshipcar, has Triple A recommended you to Eastern Airways?

planeshipcar
4th Nov 2006, 02:32
no, when looking at their website they say they have a scheme with eastern airways and select for them, so that's how it's inter linked.

planeshipcar
9th Nov 2006, 04:04
anyone got some input

Megaton
9th Nov 2006, 04:43
I didn't train there but I did visit some time ago. I posted my experiences but was warned off saying any more on here. After visiting I decided not to go there for my IR even though it was the only school within commuting distance for me. Send me a pm if you want more info.

Nothing whatsoever to do with Triple A but more of a general comment:
How can anyone claim their standard is much better than at other schools? Do you get an A pass or distinction when you sit your IRT? Is it perhaps because their "first time pass rates" are so high? Perhaps, but given enough time, ie money, most people will pass.

JB007
10th Nov 2006, 19:14
I went to AAA a few years back, please feel free to PM me and i'll give you my experiences.

Cheers
JB

expedite08
15th Nov 2006, 12:48
Looks like they are well in to all this psycho bable and testing malarky!

Just had a look at the scheme on the website and read in another forum about the 'tests'. More of a barage of tests.

Anyone would think they are applying to NASA not to fly JS41's!! :ok:

planeshipcar
15th Nov 2006, 21:50
what forum?