PDA

View Full Version : Z and Z Overflow Carparks

Reality Checks
1st Nov 2006, 20:51
My company has announced that it wishes to move our report from the Beehive to Jubilee House. This will require us to park at Z Overflow carpark and catch the bus. Needless to say this news has been received with universal dismay. In fact it is an issue that has united the pilots like no other.
Can I please get some feedback on what it is like to operate from these carparks, particulary in the early hours of the morning.

Marvo
2nd Nov 2006, 09:10
May I suggest a warm coat, a hat and gloves are a must! Or just sit in your car until you see the bus coming then run like hell. Why are you moving from the beehive? I take it that as a BA franchise they now want you in with the BA crew?

ATIS
2nd Nov 2006, 10:36
You're the lucky one, I have to park in X, which is way further up the road, and thats after playing chicken with the Vigin crew bus cos I can't drive over those flaming speed bumps any less than 5 mph, even though its a 30 mph road.

You'll have to check the timings with respect to North Terminal bus, but us Southerners have a reliable service. It leaves every 10 mins throughout the day/night. During COLD brrrrr mornings I stay in car until its approaches the next 10th minute and I don't have to run. I think North Bus runs 5 mins after South, like I said double check.

Welcome to the rat run

TheOddOne
2nd Nov 2006, 15:25
Is the move something to do with the horrendous delays in getting crew buses through security at Queens Gate? I guess it makes sense from that point of view, though in practice for individual crew members it just changes the place where the delay is into your own journey time!

TOO

Reality Checks
2nd Nov 2006, 18:16
Apparently we are in a consultation period, but the word on the street is that the deal is done and dusted. The feeling is that its all about cost saving by getting rid of the company drivers and buses and to hell with the consequences to the crew.

phantom menace
2nd Nov 2006, 19:12
My company has announced that it wishes to move our report from the Beehive to Jubilee House. This will require us to park at Z Overflow carpark and catch the bus. Needless to say this news has been received with universal dismay. In fact it is an issue that has united the pilots like no other.
Can I please get some feedback on what it is like to operate from these carparks, particulary in the early hours of the morning.

I've had the pleasure of Z carpark and after a Sharm...it's the last thing you need....welcome to the real world...will be the universal response.
However, those GB airways crew transport drivers it's a different story ...is it the Crawley job centre !!!!!! :(

BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES
5th Nov 2006, 11:35
Reality Checks, if you live near a Fast way bus stop, use it! It will save the extra 45 mins on the bus and the hassle of the reat run for the early morning reports. With you pass you can get a reduced cost bus pass. See the ID centre or outside the BAA staff canteen next to M car park. I belive they may even have some of the leaflets in the reception area or Jubilee house where the latest BA news copies are left.

thebeehive
25th Nov 2006, 21:01
I guess can look at it either way Z and Z overflow instead of the beehive isn't much fun, but at least you're not going to be down in X, after the 25 mile treck up from Storrington driving past X on the other side, down the M23 all the way round past the sheds and down to X to get to get the bus in is no fun that's for sure.

As for the speed humps, thank god they have spaced the way they have as there is no need to go over them unless you have on coming traffic :ok:

Will all staff have to park in Z and Z overflow or will most staff be staying at the beehive?

fantom
25th Nov 2006, 21:50
Consider Carline taxis. 01293 430430. £4 each way from Horley to Concorde House. They never let me down. It means an extra thirty minutes in beddies. Excellent. I don't work for them, by the way...

Oh, will this be deleted for advertising, or will it remain for helping LGW crew?

Stpaul
26th Nov 2006, 10:49
All other good taxi firms are available, check press for details.:)