PDA

View Full Version : Coupe in Fiji

Barkly1992
1st Nov 2006, 01:45
I am getting good information that the coupe is on - that the Commodore is on his way home from East Timor and the Police have been ordered to arrest him.

Australia has a warship on its way and no doubt some C130s on standy.

Any news? Are flights being affected?

Dragon 1
1st Nov 2006, 01:53
Going there for a holiday in a few days. I will let you know when I get there.

troppo
1st Nov 2006, 02:00
'looking out the window' nope...false alarm...apparently the army took their container on ammo from Kings Wharf this morning
I thought Frank is still in Iraq/Middle East

Barkly1992
1st Nov 2006, 03:02
Frank is on his way home - via East Timor. Should be home shortly.

Now that will make a difference.

:eek:

Fliegenmong
1st Nov 2006, 04:04
Coupe - Fiji - Yawn

woftam
1st Nov 2006, 04:16
I'm sure a "coupe" would be very rare in Fiji (lots of old Corolla's and Zephyr's mainly).
A "Commodore" you say? A Monaro maybe?

There is however talk of an impending "coup". :D

Barkly1992
1st Nov 2006, 04:28
Woftam - quite right - d'etat in fact.

:\

captain_cranky
1st Nov 2006, 11:22
.......pronounced day - ta for the great unwashed!:E

Pinky the pilot
1st Nov 2006, 23:37
I remember back in PNG when all the Douglas Airways Pilots were told to stay home one Friday night as 'there's gunna be a Military coup tonight.....'
Naturally, there was'nt!!
The result was some extremely p****d off pilots the following morning when they found out that they had missed out on the usual Friday night blast at the Club Dero!!:mad: :mad: :ugh: :ugh:
Don't remember if the Talair boys were also sucked in 'tho.:E

BEACH KING
1st Nov 2006, 23:45
Gold Woftam....Pure Gold...:D

Torres
2nd Nov 2006, 06:44
Pinky. If you are talking of the attempted PNG coupe I am aware of, it was definately "on" and averted at the very last moment. The military instigator, a Duntroon graduate, later went on to politics and is now amongst the new very rich. He was close to Bikkies, so if your advice came from the Company, it would have been good advice.

podbreak
2nd Nov 2006, 07:09
Hate to be the spelling police, but I think y'all mean "coup" short for "Coup D'etat" not coupe. Though a coupe in fiji would be more rare than a coup...:}

woops, see this ones already been done

Pinky the pilot
2nd Nov 2006, 08:15
Torres; The incident related was around mid 1990 and the advice did indeed come from within the company as I remember.:uhoh:
Would you care to elaborate? Via PM if necessary.
The military instigator, a Duntroon graduate, later went on to politics and is now amongst the new very rich.
Now why does'nt that surprise me!!:mad: :ugh: :{