View Full Version : MEAs Chairman and DFO under investigation

UniversalPilot
31st Oct 2006, 20:21
According to Alna`ar news paper a daily lebanese news paper with date 31 Oct , The chairman and DFO of Lebanese Airlines MEA `Mohammed Hout and Ousamaa bala are currently under fruad investigation combined fruad and company additional loss with the last war.According to the chariman , he said that the reason for the loss was that becuase they were operating from syria. Meanwhile inhouse officials state that the chariman and dfo used the war as an oportunity to operate outside the country and and add aditionat unrecognized expensess to the company meanwhile the money is going direct into the chairman and dfo pockets. But inhouse officials claim that the airline was not obliged to operate from another country and have no rights according to international Airline Laws but it was a way to make the money. The Airlines is said to be in debt of more than 138,000,000 US dollars . Inhouse resources claim the theft through Aircarft Leasing with outstanding amounts Stated higher than actual and Pilot hiring bribe as much as 30,000 US dollars to join the Cadet Program. And also expenses from operation from syria which was supposed not to operate from another airport but , They managed to use the war as an advantage to hide their Fruad. Meanwhile they are under strict investigation.

mutt
1st Nov 2006, 03:26
Pilot hiring bribe as much as 30,000 US dollars to join the Cadet Program

Was this actually reported in the article or is this your "personal inhouse sources"?

Mutt

4HolerPoler
1st Nov 2006, 08:39
Good point Mutt. UVPilot, please respond.

4HP

cedarjet001
1st Nov 2006, 10:27
Dear universal pilot,

Its true middle east airlines should not have conducted operations from damascus and carry out international routes from another country , I really dont understant that but what i dont understand is how can aviation laws be ammended in the middle east, but when i read the newspaper yesterday i was shocked and i hope senior management of middle east will be held responsible and delt with. Its a pitty Middle east airlines is the only airline in lebanon . Thats why probably the Chairman Mohammed Houte and Dfo Ossama Bal3a can go away with such.

beirutwings
1st Nov 2006, 10:40
I was shocked to hear it on Newtv as well, and its time Mea should be delt with.

metro_liner
1st Nov 2006, 11:06
Its true what is going on with Mea and its nonsense . I when saw it on tv i could not believe and we as pilots are feeling it here in lebanon and i hope the truth will be revealed becuase Mea nonsense is too much , and i agree with you but as a lebanese you cant aslo spread the news again , lets just keep it to ourselves. Already the world has embarassed us .

mutt
1st Nov 2006, 14:57
3 new joiners in the space of 1 hour who all decide to write on the same subject?????

It would be interesting to see what the ISP address is....

Mutt

picu
1st Nov 2006, 15:43
Well spotted Mutt.
The 3 new posters seem to have the same problem with their spelling: No capital "I"....
"delt with" (sic!) written by 2 different posters? They must have had the same lousy english teacher......:}

4HolerPoler
1st Nov 2006, 16:21
As already pointed out, cedarjet001, beirutwings & metro_liner are all one & the same person, posting from the same IP address. All that effort of registering three identities for naught. :=

All three identities have been permanently banned from this site. Have a nice day.

UniversalPilot has a different IP address but it's just come to my attention that he's currently banned from this site by another of the mod's under the user name of Universal-Pilot, for inflammatory posts laced with inconsistencies. This site is for rumours not senseless crap smoked up for personal enrichment. I'm watching you bubba.

4HP

ODGUY
2nd Nov 2006, 13:47
haha, quite the funny posts.

Seems like this kid is really taking it hard that he didn't get in as a cadet.

Imagine his ex-gf (I said imagine :P) her e-mail/msn would have 10 new users adding her per day! :}

Get over it you eeeeeeeejit

SilicaStorm
2nd Nov 2006, 20:59
Thank you 4HP, this nonsense has gone on too long with UnprofessionalPilot !

samaden
3rd Mar 2008, 20:50
This is Lebanon, and those are the nobel lebanese..... This country is hell itself.

wannabe-aviator
3rd Mar 2008, 23:32
I was with Cpt Ossama only 3 weeks ago and I put forth such allegations and he denied any such wrong doing, and i was confirmed that the then french president personally requested that the ACs be based out of the Lebanon during the war to protect the Aircraft which are french registered for this particular reason and not to actually protect the operation of MEA.

Secondly MEA from an ICAO point of view broke no Laws in Operating out of Damascus because we have an open skies agreement whit most of the countries we fly into and it was given permission by the Syrian goverment to operate its routes which was not full normal service, as 2 A330 were exclusively chartered by the Australian Goverment to evaquate its thousends of citizens out of Lebanon and Via Singapore and into sydney over 13 such return sectors where done.

People can say what ever they want about MEA, but MEA is not currently in dept except what is owes for buying brand new Aircraft, having restrucutered all its depts was paid off and this 150mil is non sence and defamation of a good airline.

MEA made profit even during the war not many airline could have acheived this, although am not the biggest fan of Mohamed el hout no one can deny the good he has done MEA in the way he restructured this airline.

I would appreciate from the Mods for them to take this non event thread once and for all as its character defamation at its worst and could result in unwanted and unwaranted reprucussions.

ODMEA
3rd Mar 2008, 23:44
Iv'e said it before and I'll say it again.

MEA is the best all Arab run airline in the region. It has practically no expats unlike its Gulf counterparts.:D

It's airctaft are immaculate one of the youngest fleets in the world(albeit a small fleet), state of the art and its cabin crew (besides being mostly stunning young ladies) are wonderful.

These rumours are disgusting. The MEA A330's were indeed a welcome sight at SYD last year! have always enjoyed flying with them.

Oddy:)