PDA

View Full Version : Contractair And No Signed Contract

Percival
31st Oct 2006, 20:06
Hi everybody,

I wish to know what to do when a broker like Contractair divide your salary by 2 ( per diem as well ) and you haven’t signed your new contract. Initially the new conditions were explained on phone but they were different and nobody signed it. We have discovered this new terms after our period of work!
There are some pilots, which have worked like that. We are looking for a lawyer interested in dealing with this kind of problem.

In any case I wish appreciate your comments on this problems in order to sort this out.

On the contract it is stipulated that : "This agreement will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts"

Rgds

The Real Slim Shady
2nd Nov 2006, 14:09
Percival,

If you had a fixed term contract, which I am guessing as you say that you didnt sign the new contract, under English Law, the terms and conditions of that contract would have "died" at the end of the contract.

It is then up to you, if offered a new contract, as opposed to an extension, to agree new terms and conditions.

If your salary and per diems have been halved it may be that those are the new contract terms which you are at liberty to reject or accept.

short_approach
7th Nov 2006, 16:51
Percival,
do you have any recent experience with Contractair? If so, could you please share some insight of this company? I'm considering a job with them. (Also by PM if you like.)

The Flying Cokeman
7th Nov 2006, 18:03
Short Approach,

I flew for Contractair/airline appointments for more than 3 years and I never had any problems with them. I would have no problem by joining them again if I should be looking for contract job again.
Do remember if there's any changes in Terms & conditions they are normally made by the company using Contractair and not something Contractair come up with themselves.
TFCM

short_approach
8th Nov 2006, 06:51
Flying Cokeman,

thanks a lot for the reply. Just one more question (I'm completely new to this contract flying thing): do you get your money+benefits from Contractair or are you paid directly from the company you fly for?

A300BOY
8th Nov 2006, 07:56
Had several years with Airline Appointment and no problems of any significance and the staff were friendly and helpfull but then had a short time with the new Contractair and the reverse was the case ending in a split which was very unpleasant. Some of my fellow contracters had an even worse time I am told.

The Flying Cokeman
8th Nov 2006, 08:53
Short approach,

The agency is paid by the airline which then pay you. The payment is normally taxfree as well.
Good luck,

TFCM

tonylollo
23rd Nov 2006, 04:17
Hi Percival

I have worked for Contractair in the past, found them decent enough always got paid even if the client didnt pay ( which they invariaby didn`t) why don`t you ask them why your salary is divided are you saying that they didnt pay you the amount they said they would, also you should not work ever without signing a contract it is your Insurance if anything goes wrong..... if you dont sign and have an incident then............ doesnt really bear thinking about does it. You say you have discovered this after doing the work well
seems a bit strange to me they either paid you or they didnt...............:= :=

Percival
24th Nov 2006, 00:16
Percival,

If you had a fixed term contract, which I am guessing as you say that you didnt sign the new contract, under English Law, the terms and conditions of that contract would have "died" at the end of the contract.

It is then up to you, if offered a new contract, as opposed to an extension, to agree new terms and conditions.

If your salary and per diems have been halved it may be that those are the new contract terms which you are at liberty to reject or accept.

The main problem is that the contract has been changed and it was a long term contract with no termination date.
The only purpose of this manoeuver was to divide the salary in order to permit the cie to save money.
The only clause about termination was 14 days to notice.

I had given my agreement for a this new salary condition by phone but the contract was entirely new about work time , base, and so and so.(when I received it at home)
I had continued to work without signing anything and one month after I received the new contract to sign but I never do it that and I had taken a new job opportunity.

Percival
24th Nov 2006, 00:22
Percival,
do you have any recent experience with Contractair? If so, could you please share some insight of this company? I'm considering a job with them. (Also by PM if you like.)

Contractair used to pay everyone on time around the 25 of each months. There are correct with all thing but they try to earn sometime money on your back in order to comply absolutely their customer.

Percival
24th Nov 2006, 00:33
Hi Percival

I have worked for Contractair in the past, found them decent enough always got paid even if the client didnt pay ( which they invariaby didn`t) why don`t you ask them why your salary is divided are you saying that they didnt pay you the amount they said they would, also you should not work ever without signing a contract it is your Insurance if anything goes wrong..... if you dont sign and have an incident then............ doesnt really bear thinking about does it. You say you have discovered this after doing the work well
seems a bit strange to me they either paid you or they didnt...............:= :=

I am agree with you don't work with any signed contract (it's your inssurance in case of trouble), but in this case I was waiting my writing new terms in my contract or in fact it was a new contract that Contractair edit for me and my 4 collegues.
It was not only a money change but a lot like base , roster time and so .....

I wish information about this in the English work laws and a mediation is it possible with the interested parties.

Rgds