PDA

View Full Version : cluboneair, India

HermanTheGerman
31st Oct 2006, 13:25
...does anybody know anything about this company?

happy landings!

Itswindyout
31st Oct 2006, 19:54
The October issue of ProPilot, had an advert for Pilots needed immediately, 12k$ per month.

I emailed etc, but no response.

Web site suggests they are fractional.

Thats all I know.

windy

HermanTheGerman
1st Nov 2006, 11:18
...exactly my experience, thanks! :bored:

Mark Achten
13th Nov 2006, 16:31
I worked for them for two months and then split. What does that tell you.

Vref plus 10
20th Nov 2007, 03:33
Mark, What was the companly like? If you dont mind can you kindly elaborate?

EMB170
20th Nov 2007, 06:23
I spoke to few of their local pilots and they told me that pay is ok for indian standarts,but aircraft are old and citations without apu, imagine that in 35-47c for 8-9 month a year. the owners are mostly in politics not knowing what to do with their money.
i would stay away!
rgds
EMB170

vijaymalaya
5th Dec 2007, 14:46
hi i have herd of some guy called ASHOK PRATAP RAI everyone says he's a tough nut what do you guys have to say about him??

Superjimby
7th Sep 2008, 18:55
Hey I work in India as a Challenger 604 First Officer. I have heard nothing but terrible things about company....but that's pretty much the same with all Indian Flight Departments. Flying in India is stressfull, just because of the poor infrastructure and lack of any professional aviation managers. The Aviation managment doesnt know **** about aviation, and whats worse is that they act like they do! Some of the issues I can tell you that you will have are : FDTL issues ( not adhering to them), long procedures for filing flight plans, inabilitiy to have hotels and crew cars booked and on time, lack of proper flight planning or filling, inabilitiy to get paid on time, being told by a "aviation manager" how to fly the aircraft and what to do, poor maint and inabilitiy to adhere to mel ect. I am still working here, but looking to get out. If you are a patient person, you really could fly here for teh $$...but if you lack patience and enjoy competent people I'd stay away! As far as living in india, I am of indian descent.....The country is very dirty and labor is cheap...you can have servants and cooks and whoever you want basically! Luxury items are very expensive (twice the cost) all cars are over twice the cost as they are in the western world.....nightlife in Mumbai is really alot of fun, but day to day traveling around is a nightmare! If you like to drink, womanize, and goto clubs and bars at night, then its perfect! Pilots are looked up to hear, and really respected...but that gets annoying very quickly...Anyway, hope this has helped, if you have any questions are plan on moving here let me know and I'd be glad to help you out!

Flintstone
7th Sep 2008, 23:09
... terrible things.... same with all Indian Flight Departments....stressfull...poor infrastructure...lack of any professional aviation managers.... managment doesnt know **** about aviation, and whats worse is that they act like they do! ...FDTL issues ( not adhering to them), long procedures for filing flight plans, inabilitiy to have hotels and crew cars booked and on time, lack of proper flight planning or filling, inabilitiy to get paid on time, being told by a "aviation manager" how to fly the aircraft and what to do, poor maint and inabilitiy to adhere to mel ect. ...but if you lack patience and enjoy competent people I'd stay away! the country is very dirty... Luxury items are very expensive (twice the cost) all cars are over twice the cost as they are in the western world.......day to day traveling around is a nightmare!

you can have servants and cooks and whoever you want... nightlife in Mumbai is really alot of fun...If you like to drink, womanize, and goto clubs and bars at night, then its perfect! Pilots are looked up to hear, and really respected...

Hmmm, where do I sign? Never mind the first quote, the second did it for me http://www.fadzter.com/smilies/beerchug.gifhttp://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/1959.gif

NZ X man
12th Sep 2008, 07:10
Superjimby has called it, perfect description of corporate flying in India. We have a Director of FLight operations who has NO aviation experience, nice guy, but just a YEs man. I have been here since May, and am considering the ME, AGAIN, AS an option. I have never worked for a company that was so disorganised in my career in aviation. SO make sure you negotiate your contract carefully.

Cheers:}

CaptWUFF
23rd Sep 2008, 09:55
Let me elaborate a little more on Corporate Aviation in India:
(I am of Indian Descent so I'm only criticizing my own people!)

1) Money Buys everything - this mentality is not good if you are a operating the aircraft. They pay off the law and the rules all the time.

2) Poor Management - Management has zero aviation experience. Ok, fine, I can deal with that. How about a Chief Pilot? Figure Head, doesn't do jack. All they would have to do would be to let the Chief Pilot play a more active role..

3) Lack of concern for safety - I really don't understand when you are flying around billionaires, celebrities, and politicians that you wouldn't be concerned about flying aircrafts over their MEL dates.....

4) Terrible Maint Staff - the maint. staff here are not properly trained nor do they know enough to do the main. on the a/c. We Indians are cheap...lets face it if we can save money we will ( I see millionaires arguing with taxi drivers over 25 cents) that's what the mentality it is with the aircrafts. Why pay ExecuJet 25,000 USD to have the job done right one time when you can pay Airworks $1,000 and have it done completely incorrectly?

5) No infrastructure - India doesn't have FBO's, proper transportation, and well planned airports. Actually the world planning doesn't exist in India. If you want to do a domestic flight, expect to show up 2 hours early to jump through the hoops...if you want to do an international flight expect to show up three hours early so you can perform in the circus act before you fly.

6) Lack of Aviation Services - I have to go manually file the flight plans every flight. This takes upto 1 hour to drive to the ATC and back to the aircraft, and to get all the required stamps and signatures.

The good thing is that salary's are very high. This is because of all the things you have to deal with, and also the poor living conditions. However, that's something you have to decide. What I will tell you, is that I have laid out everything for you. So if you got India knowing this, don't complain when you get there. Especially don't complain about it to other Indians, they will get extremely upset. Best just to go there, and quietly do your work. Go out in the evening, meet some friends, and enjoy a couple drinks. You can have a great time in India.

If anybody is planning to go there, PM me and I'd be happy to help you out with everything I know. Unfortunately, it is best that you gather information from the company and then come talk to me. Each company offers different packages, and two guys of the same level can get extremely different packages. Supply, demand, and negotiation skills.

Best Regards,

WUFF