PDA

View Full Version : Important update on Lancaster FM212 Project

Lancasterman
31st Oct 2006, 02:33
Hello Guys
Finally some exciting and surprising news out of Windsor this evening. Apparently the CH2a group that looks after the Lancaster FM212 that was formerly on display in Jackson park, Have been given the go ahead to move the Lancaster over to Windsor Airport in the Spring of 2007! Once details are finalised in the next day or so, I will post more information. The Lancaster will be placed in a brand new building upon arrival at the airport and restoration will finally begin in earnest! ;)
Kindest Regards,

www.lancasterfm212.freeservers.com (http://www.pprune.org/forums/www.lancasterfm212.freeservers.com)

hobie
31st Oct 2006, 09:20
try this link .....:ok:

http://www.lancasterfm212.freeservers.com/

spectre150
31st Oct 2006, 09:50
Ah, this is in Canada. I was confused for a minute (not difficult).....

Good luck with the project.

GlosMikeP
31st Oct 2006, 12:09
Well done guys. Will it be restored airworthy and flown or is it, as I suspect, past that point?

Lancasterman
31st Oct 2006, 13:59
She will be restored to ground runnable taxiable status if sufficient funds and support are found

Hello Everyone,
At their meeting on Monday Oct. 30, 2006, Windsor City Council unanimously approved the relocation of their Lancaster Bomber FM212 from its temporary storage area to Windsor Airport under the stewardship of our group, the Canadian Historical Aircraft Association. The move is to take place in the spring of 2007. We should have the date for that shortly.
The whole process of saving Lanc 212 and bringing it down off its pedestal to be restored has been a long time coming, and has taken a great deal of time and patience. We can now continue on from where we left off when the Lancaster was removed from its pedestal in May of 2005, by bringing it to Windsor Airport where it can be housed in a new building, restored, preserved and displayed to the public.
Thanks to all of you for everything you’ve done… all the letters, phone calls, emails and the support in general for the Lanc 212 project has been worth the effort. Honoring our veterans and remembering our fallen airmen is what it’s all about. Well done everyone!
Best regards,
Ed Curnutte
Project Manager