PDA

View Full Version : £££££££????

Ell J
30th Oct 2006, 16:24
Hi all,

Just wondered do all UK based airline pay around the £9 - 10K mark obv plus allowances?

Or are there any out there that actually pay a decent salary?

It would be great to know who generally pays the best basic as we've all got Mortgages and Cars to pay for!

pinkprincess
30th Oct 2006, 17:51
i think most are, but my travel s about 12k. dont knw what their flight allowance or commission is tho! does anyone know if u get taxed on flight allowance/commission? thanks

tiggerific_69
2nd Nov 2006, 09:50
tax on flight allowance and comission seems to depend on your airline,so check with them.
i think one of the best basics has to be FlyWho...

warwicks
2nd Nov 2006, 21:26
tax on flight allowance and comission seems to depend on your airline,so check with them.
i think one of the best basics has to be FlyWho...

There is no point in having a good basic salary if the airline has no aircraft and has laid off all staff for the foreseeable future.

It is true that most airlines do pay around the 10k mark basic but in my first year with the airline i work for I have taken home between £1300- £1500 a month after tax which in the "real" world is a decent wage and I have to say that since moving from my office job where I was earning £20000 a year but working 45 hours a week I am much happier as I am earning more money and have alot more free time (atleast 3- 4 days a week off to do as I please)

Money is not the be all and end all and if you think that flying will make you happy I suggest that you go for it as I think you will find that the money is not as bad as you initially think :)

Ell J
3rd Nov 2006, 08:57
Hi all, thanks for the replys, Warwicks which airline do you fly for?