PDA

View Full Version : ZIMEX aviation

4y8_more
30th Oct 2006, 09:11
Hello,

Any information about this company ? (roster, payscale)

thanks for sharing

bye

Goof_Air
31st Oct 2006, 11:11
Hello 4y8_more,

Zimex working conditions are quite "****ty" to say the least...

First of all, you have to be qualified on one of their type to join, with generally a good amount of experience on type, PC6, DHC6, B-200, or B-1900...

As far as the basing policy is concerned, Zimex has a variety of lovely places such as the Algerian, Lybian or Saudian desert, the Darfour region of Sudan, or if you're lucky you could maybe end up in Afghanistan (I think they have a twotter there...)...

For the roster, its quite easy, 5 weeks On, 5 weeks Off in theory... In practice it's more like 6 On, 4 Off if you're lucky, 10 On, 2 Off if they really like you !!!

As far as the pay is concern, there again it is quite ridiculous, to start with you will be on a free lance basis for a few months at a daily rate on your working days (away from home), thereafter you could be on a contract where you have a fixed monthly salary with some per diems when away from base... all in all at the end of the day you will earn approximately the same amount of money on a freelance basis than on a contract one... which is if I remember correctly approximately 2500€ per month for a Captain...

Good luck...

4y8_more
31st Oct 2006, 11:40
hello Goof_Air,

Thanks for your informations !

I understand that you worked for them or that you know someone who is working for them ?

2500 €/month for being abroad a lot of time in the year is really not a good pay, I thought this company was more generous ...

thanks again

Herc Jerk
2nd Nov 2006, 02:44
They paid far more than that when i worked for them

international hog driver
2nd Nov 2006, 10:45
They once DID pay a lot more especially down the southern end of africa where Herc & I once were.

I have been lead to believe that the T & C's have been getting progressively worse. Some people like living in Hassi for a month at a time some dont.

It will be interesting to see if they change with more work coming to the northern end of the sandpit or if they are just racing to the bottom against the South Africans?

spip
8th Nov 2006, 12:33
Zimex requires a JAA CPL/IR.
Does anybody know if they operate the PC6 under IFR? Cause I have all the requirements for this aircraft, except the JAA instrument rating...

picobello
8th Nov 2006, 14:48
Captain salary : around 4500 euro tax free
F/O no idee....

5 weeks on 5 off. Very stable roster. Not many changes.

Of course you need hours on type....

Not a bad company to work for. Far better than the south african one...:cool:

Hope it helps..

Goof_Air
11th Nov 2006, 01:25
Captain salary : around 4500 euro tax free
F/O no idee....

5 weeks on 5 off. Very stable roster. Not many changes.

Of course you need hours on type....

Not a bad company to work for. Far better than the south african one...:cool:

Hope it helps..

4500 euro tax free !!! In your wildest dream !!! Even as a training captain and examiner you are not making that sort of money with Zimex !!!:=

Stable roster my ass !!! How long did you work for them, Picobello ?

Not a bad company to work for... As long as you don't or didn't work for them... which is obviously your case... :=

You're already complaining about the company you're working for, and trust me it's a thousand time better that what you would get in Zimex...:ugh:
But if you think otherwise you can always leave the 320 to go play with the Twotter in the sand... you will love the A/C unit Zimex have installed (not) on their airplanes !!!:p

Zimex is now far from the company, it once was... and I wouldn't call it a good outfit to work for, unless you really really need a job... that's why they have such a hard time to keep their younger pilot...

Safe landings...:rolleyes:

picobello
11th Nov 2006, 10:10
4500 euro tax free !!! In your wildest dream !!! Even as a training captain and examiner you are not making that sort of money with Zimex !!!

Check the new salary grid. Depends of your experience. Of course if you come to Zimex with almost no experience you will get 3500 euro. Has much improved since you left Zimex.....

Stable roster my ass !!! How long did you work for them, Picobello ?

Me? I didn't but i'm still in contact with some good friends from canada and france who are actually working for them. They are very happy and, of course they are not interested to move. Try to find a company who give you 5 weeks on / off.

You're already complaining about the company you're working for, and trust me it's a thousand time better that what you would get in Zimex...

If I offer you 2 jobs. One in an airline flying a A320 8 days off a month and one in a bush airline flying a twin otter 5 weeks on 5 off. Wich one will you take? Knowing you of course the first one... Flying the big jet!:cool:

But if you think otherwise you can always leave the 320 to go play with the Twotter in the sand... you will love the A/C unit Zimex have installed (not) on their airplanes !!!

Would you go back to Zimex? Don't think so... Now you have a 320 type rating... :suspect: 2 years ago you were unemployed and ZIMEX gave you a job!!!!!! Never ever forget that!!!:mad:

but Zimex is now far from the company, it once was...

Of course.... you get this point but they are improving....

and I wouldn't call it a good outfit to work for, unless you really really need a job...

It was your case 2 years ago:suspect: Do you remember??

that's why they have such a hard time to keep their younger pilot...

The market is wide open now.... Every single airline got problems to keep their younger pilots.... Not only Zimex and by the way in Zimex they are not so many young pilots....

My conclusion :

Goof air...:= I will not explain here how you left ZIMEX and not even your "glorious" moments in aviation. Both of us are working for the same company. And so far as I know we are all looking for greener pasture;) Next time try to answer the topic and not to attack me personally. Especially if your facts are more than 2 years old:eek: If you want to talk about it feel free to give me a ring... By the way "congratulations" and long life to the new family member:ok:

Fly high :ok:

Goof_Air
11th Nov 2006, 16:25
Goof air...:= I will not explain here how you left ZIMEX and not even your "glorious" moments in aviation.

Remind me again what is a personnal attack ??? isn't that one ???

I didn't see any in my post... other than some facts stated in an humoristic way... but maybe you don't have that sense...???

Anyway, in you want to get more personnal, it's not a problem, I 'll be there anytime...

and for conclusion, what I have stated are facts and not some "hear say" or "I have a friend who...", at least I have some payslips and roster patterns to prove what I am saying...

Safe landings !

P.S. I don't want to spend too much time on that topics because as you mentionned, I have better things to do, but I don't owe anything to Zimex, I was not unemployed when I came to work for them, I came as an experience qualified and current Twin Otter captain, on a freelance contract...
Zimex is not some kind of charitable organisation (and far from being one !!!), if they gave me a job is because they needed me as much as I needed them... From the time we signed the freelance agreement I told them I was not there to stay, and later down the route I even refused their offer for a long term contract !!!
What you' re coming at is the fact that I quit the job on the day because I had a better offer and I was far from being satisfied by my work experience with Zimex... My friend that is the privilege of this freelance agreement, both parties could terlminate the contract at any time, without notice required !!!

Mr Moustache
12th Nov 2006, 13:20
you will love the A/C unit Zimex have installed (not) on their airplanes !!!:

A/C ?? that's why the flight deck side windows roll down on the Twin Otter!;)

I did 20 months with them in the mid 90's and had some very interesting experiences. However, you would never get rich flying for them. If it's the money you seek rather than adventure and experience, go elsewhere.

Goof_Air
12th Nov 2006, 14:55
Thanks, Mr Moustache, I am glad to see that I'm not the only thinking that the Zimex working conditions are not as "rosie" as Picobello described...:D

by the way here are just some of their working conditions and roster pattern...

Zimex Entry Requirements

Captain : For DHC6 Commander: 3000 hrs total flying experience, 1500 hrs PIC experience, 1000 hrs as PIC since gaining an IR, 1000 hrs turbo prop experience, 500 hrs on type, 50 hrs in the last 6 months.
For PC6 Commander: 2000 hrs total flying experience, 1500 hrs PIC experience, 1000 hrs tail-wheel experience, 500 hrs on type. Good knowledge of English, preferably second language French, Portuguese or Spanish. Remote area and desert experience operating from the remote airstrips is a distinct advantage.
FO : DHC-6 First Officers: 1000 hrs as PIC or co-pilot, 500 hrs PIC experience, 50 hrs on type, 50 hrs in the last 6 months. Good knowledge of English, preferably second language French, Portuguese or Spanish. Remote area and desert experience operating from the remote airstrips is a distinct advantage.
and about the stable Roster :

Zimex Conditions

Roster :
Crew rotations are generally 8 weeks on and 4 weeks off except in the operations for some petroleum companies where rotations are either 5x5 or 6x6.
Some flexibility is expected in regards to rotation timing when operational conditions require changes. The company covers the travelling costs from the home airport to working place and back including the food and accommodation at working place.

http://www.zimex.ch/df_jobs.htm

As you can see from the link above, it's straight from the Zimex 's website.... As I mentionned before, I am only stating the facts, and not some dubious second hand info...

Give me some more time and I will try to get a copy of one of their recent (October 2006) Captain and FO payslips...

A bon entendeur, Salut...:O

Formally Known As
12th Nov 2006, 17:52
you will love the A/C unit Zimex have installed (not) on their airplanes !!!:
A/C ?? that's why the flight deck side windows roll down on the Twin Otter!;)
I did 20 months with them in the mid 90's and had some very interesting experiences. However, you would never get rich flying for them. If it's the money you seek rather than adventure and experience, go elsewhere.

Remember this. You will not get rich working for anybody, unless you are on the fiddle.

You may become rich working for yourself.

The golden rule is: "Profits are better than wages."

international hog driver
12th Nov 2006, 19:21
(not the one posting)

Can any Zimex/AMS/Eimasa people @ LAD let us know what eventually happened to Victor.......

Last know still residing at ****adella.

Exzimpilexam
17th Feb 2007, 00:58
Having worked for Zimex for some 13 years and now retired thanks to the dreaded 65 rule, I can say that Zimex was the best and fairest employer I worked for in the industry. I started out as an ex-croppie and worked my way up to Chief Pilot and Flight Ops Manager and have to say you basically get out what you put in.

4y8_more
17th Feb 2007, 13:03
Exzimpilexam, maybe you could tell us what was your pay as a chief pilot at zimex ?

thx

aileron
18th Feb 2007, 15:46
Had a job offer from Zimex many moons ago. When I tried contacting them to firm up the details.......silence.

Avoid.