PDA

View Full Version : Jetplanner users?

747dieseldude
29th Oct 2006, 16:53
Hi,

If there are experiences Jetplanner useres here, I would like your input on ETP related issues.
Sometimes we get ETP fuel which differs greatly on the out and back legs. As much as I know, since the times out and back are equal, so must be the fuel.
So where is this difference coming from?

plans123
29th Oct 2006, 17:57
747deiseldude,
Basically - JetPlanner uses average wind and temp forecasts at the selected levels on the great circle route, taking into account the diversion route and ground speed.

You may be flying a recipricle route, but once the everything has been factored in you will most likely find that the figures differ (as you already have)

As I said, thats a very basic view of why its happening - but if you want a (very) in depth explaination, look in yout Jetplanner users manual under POD/POA Commands............

merlinxx
30th Oct 2006, 11:33
Hi,

If there are experiences Jetplanner useres here, I would like your input on ETP related issues.
Sometimes we get ETP fuel which differs greatly on the out and back legs. As much as I know, since the times out and back are equal, so must be the fuel.
So where is this difference coming from?

Hi there, where did u do yr JP trng?. Call the guys @ JeppUK for assist.
Aeroperf guys are in San Jose CA so u may want to call them, but JeppUK can (if they feel like it) patch u thru. Good luck.

747dieseldude
31st Oct 2006, 04:18
plans,
From what I know, equal time should roughly give equal fuel. The difference we're getting is way too big.

merlin,
The guys at UK already gave up on this, and we are waiting for the answers from San Jose now. Just thought maybe someone here had this problem too.

merlinxx
31st Oct 2006, 11:35
Yup agree, has been a snag I know!!!!. I thought though that the guys in SJC had this sorted, but I admit not have spoken to them for some many months on this particular subject. Keep trucking the 4 holer with no self loading cargo!!!!

fernisep
31st Oct 2006, 19:34
fernisep, if you wish to advertise on Pprune, please contact PPrune admin who would be glad, for an appropriate fee, to accept your advertisement.

Genghis
Mod.