PDA

View Full Version : Does your company pay for fuel saved?

Skipper in panic
29th Oct 2006, 13:25
Does your company pay for fuel saved? And how it is calculated?

My company does not pay, but names leaders monthly! ;)

TopBunk
29th Oct 2006, 13:36
No.

Personally I consider it a VERY bad idea. Some people would then take less than prudent fuel figures which then compromises safety. If my company started such a scheme, I for one, would not participate.

dartagnan
29th Oct 2006, 13:55
and do u get a lolipop???

Bearcat
29th Oct 2006, 14:15
Does your company pay for fuel saved? And how it is calculated?

My company does not pay, but names leaders monthly! ;)

these are not leaders, but gob sh@tes. As the previous mentioned you'll get the usually clowns that will push the envelope just to brown nose their future careers. Its false economy. I remember many moons ago in August we had 2 flights to JFK....wx was cavok but we all Know TZs can spring up so we took 20 mins extra.....the other guy took FPL. He was ahead of us. Checking into Moncton ATC we hear them diverting in KBOS due delays at JFK due TZ. We had the juice to go to ALB and then down the hudson valley and slip into 22R.

Our fuel hero meets us many hrs later in NY after discommoding numerous pax, costing the co. 1000's on ldg fees and still tries to justify himself. It would take a hell of a long time to add up the costs of tankering to the cost of the diversion. Big picture stuff.....then there's the other boffuns that carry extra extra juice ,,,,there's a happy medium out there.

F4F
2nd Nov 2006, 20:19
Yeap, the older the bear, the wiser he gets and the more fuel he takes along...
It gives you soo many more choices :ok:

(in our company we have some dispatch calculated extra fuel recommendation, young 4 stripers go with less (planning without alternate), middle aged will content with the recommendation, grey hairs will add some on that :) )