PDA

View Full Version : French Taxation

Skidsley
29th Oct 2006, 10:59
Anyone know anything about the Air France Tax System and whether or not us corporate guys can join it, or any other way to reduce the amount of tax paid in France. I am less than 90 days in UK and less than 180 in France but have to pay tax in one or the other. Thanks:hmm:

BizJetJock
29th Oct 2006, 13:33
I'd get a better accountant if I was you; who told you you had to pay tax in either? If you don't qualify as resident in either country, you don't have to pay tax there.

CL300
29th Oct 2006, 15:01
Anyone know anything about the Air France Tax System and whether or not us corporate guys can join it, or any other way to reduce the amount of tax paid in France. I am less than 90 days in UK and less than 180 in France but have to pay tax in one or the other. Thanks:hmm:
There is no AIr FRance Tax system, there is A tax system. Real expenses OR 10%+20% standard scheme, if you opt for real expenses, you have incorporate ALL your revenues plus per-diem THEN deduct your expenses, the amounts acceptable for authorities are published every year ( varies depending on destinations)
The bottom line is that you HAVE to pay taxes somewhere, normally where your RESIDENCE is regardless of the time you spend travelling around. If your center of life activity is in France then you have to pay taxes in france, OR give the proof to the tax people that you had pay taxes somewhere else to an amount equal of 2/3 at least of what you would have pay in France.
If not able to, you are liable of french IRS.
You do agree with me that in France INCOME tax are COMPLETELY separated from the social security , unemployment , retirement....Choose where you live..:{