PDA

View Full Version : Best long haul to canada from uk?

will fly for food 06
29th Oct 2006, 08:12
Hey chaps

Im a regular travller to canada and was getting fed up with air canada to calgory, what other airlines have you tried to their?
thanks

TopBunk
29th Oct 2006, 13:39
BA have just started up on the route. Daily B777 service I think - see www.ba.com (http://www.ba.com) for timetable.

Globaliser
29th Oct 2006, 13:53
Actually, the route starts on 1 December, 5 flights per week.

A Calgary-based friend is over the moon about it.

EDIspotter
29th Oct 2006, 20:41
I'm flying Air France via Paris - must be worth a shout , very reasonable price too.

Zoom do direct from various points around the UK.

rugmuncher
30th Oct 2006, 21:40
Globespan are going to be starting soon !

Married a Canadian
31st Oct 2006, 00:38
BA by far the best in my opinion...Air Canada need to upgrade their inflight entertainment and get a wee bit better on cabin service before they get my vote.

A word on Zoom...lots of mixed reviews with them. There is a thread under the Canada forum which dosen't paint them in a very good light. I will never use them again after my wife got messed around the week of our wedding. Still others have had no problems with them.

Air Transat are seasonal to Calgary but they seem to do OK.

Why fly via Europe when it adds extra hours to your flight. I know Air France have a link but it just seems to much hassle to fly to Paris to then fly onto London?

will fly for food 06
2nd Nov 2006, 12:53
thanks for the info, not too worried about inflight entertainment as a video ipod and extended battery pack with anr headseat is great, just need my G&T and im happy!

garthicus
2nd Nov 2006, 15:46
Flew to Halifax from LHR a couple of weeks ago, flight over with Air Canada was fine in Business, on the way back was AWFUL with no personal screens etc. instead I was given a dodgy personal DVD player which was a nightmare as the seats did not recline fully and therefore I was at a dodgy angle and it kept slipping off my lap. Also it was a through the night flight and the crew seemed to want to force me to sleep so there was very little service then instant lights out...

Will fly BA in future!

Tommyinyork
2nd Nov 2006, 21:22
canadianaffair.com some cheap deals with Monarch.

modtinbasher
5th Nov 2006, 13:11
BA by far the best in my opinion...Air Canada need to upgrade their inflight entertainment and get a wee bit better on cabin service before they get my vote.

A word on Zoom...lots of mixed reviews with them. There is a thread under the Canada forum which dosen't paint them in a very good light. I will never use them again after my wife got messed around the week of our wedding. Still others have had no problems with them.

Air Transat are seasonal to Calgary but they seem to do OK.

Why fly via Europe when it adds extra hours to your flight. I know Air France have a link but it just seems to much hassle to fly to Paris to then fly onto London?

I flew AirTransat to Toronto a few months ago in club. Usual ticket was £300ishGBP, club was £600. Priority boarding and 2 pieces of luggage up to 32kg ea, priority baggage handling, comfy seats, extra legroom, menu and choice for food served on real plates, after dinner port, unlimited wine throughout the flight served from a real bottle into real glasses, and a champagne toast as we crossed into Newfoundland. It worked for me! Compare that with BA!!

manintheback
6th Nov 2006, 08:06
I flew AirTransat to Toronto a few months ago in club. Usual ticket was £300ishGBP, club was £600. Priority boarding and 2 pieces of luggage up to 32kg ea, priority baggage handling, comfy seats, extra legroom, menu and choice for food served on real plates, after dinner port, unlimited wine throughout the flight served from a real bottle into real glasses, and a champagne toast as we crossed into Newfoundland. It worked for me! Compare that with BA!!

Well..... No personal IFE, Seating that is similar to Premium economy, shared armrests and all that, food and drink same, BA have never run out of fuel mid atlantic.

TightSlot
6th Nov 2006, 09:41
BA have never run out of fuel mid atlantic.
No, but they have experienced other incidents - that's just a little below the belt there mitb :(