PDA

View Full Version : Start Date

R2000/1830
28th Oct 2006, 03:47
I know they will tell me but just so I'm not going in in the Dark if I do my second interview first week in November when do you think I would start?

kmagyoyo
28th Oct 2006, 18:51
It depends....

I had a couple of Mates do DESO interviews in late July; one starts next week the other is still waiting for a course date. I did my 2nd DEFO Interview in early Aug and I won't know until November when my course will be (and that slipped from October).

I think the training system is pretty full at the moment....can anyone shed some more light?

barntrash
28th Oct 2006, 23:21
Of the several that interviewed in late June, I believe all are starting before the end of the year, some as early as Oct. DEFO , US base.

good luck

Barn

boxjockey
29th Oct 2006, 12:06
I interviewed in late May, and am two weeks into class now. It seems that the time from initial app to class date is coming down signifcantly, as well as the number of hours required, at least for SOs. Hope this helps.

box

CitationTen
29th Oct 2006, 13:25
as well as the number of hours required, at least for SOs.
box

Would you be referring to the the number of hours to get hired, or the number of hours in groundschool?

Can you tell who's waiting for "the call"? ;-)

wannabepilot1531
29th Oct 2006, 18:58
And if you don't mind sharing your age/hours that you got in with, it would be greatly appreciated.

boxjockey
30th Oct 2006, 11:17
I was referring to the number of hours that people are being hired with now. Some obviously have much experience, but there are some with lower time here also. I am 27, and had approximately 4000 hours, 1800 jet, with 400 jet command. Hope this helps.

box