PDA

View Full Version : Flyjet - 2

transwede
27th Oct 2006, 18:38
I see from jethros that FJE have leased 2 Air Malta A320 a/c from 3rd Nov-30 Apr! is it a replacement for 757's?

Vasto1M
27th Oct 2006, 18:49
It’s an odd arrangement but I’m pretty sure its purely to allow Air Malta to operate flights from the UK (BRS & BHX) to Egypt (SSH & HRG) on behalf of the tour operators XL.com / Freedom Flights.

Last winter from Bristol the Air Malta A320 SSH & HRG flights operated under an Air Atlanta Europe flight number (EUK), this summer and last they used ‘Excel Scheduled’ (JN) codes.

jethro15
27th Oct 2006, 19:02
Vasto1M - You are quite correct

jethro
UK and Ireland Airline Fleet Listings
http://www.jethros.i12.com

Nato 35
27th Oct 2006, 22:14
Where has the previous Flyjet 2 thread gone. A mistake or selective culling. Over.

35:cool:

Search is your friend:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=228481&highlight=flyjet
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221101&page=4&highlight=silverjet

Nato 35
28th Oct 2006, 09:44
No, I'm sure there was one that ran from 30 Sep with all the takeover chat about Silverjet.

35:cool:

Fuel Crossfeed
28th Oct 2006, 09:53
Was looking for the previous FJE thread myself must be selective culling!! I saw their 767 parked up at MAN the other night without the no.2 engine when is it due to start flying for Silverjet, does it have the new flatbed seats in it and when is it being painted in the silverjet livery??

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
28th Oct 2006, 10:34
Fuel Crossfeed I think your post is on Flybe not Flyjet
Perhaps a case of cross post rather than crossfeed

G-I-B

fje1
3rd Nov 2006, 12:00
No he's right, Flyjet's B767 is in Manchester having a new engine then will commence service with Flyjet.

Man_User
5th Nov 2006, 11:31
767 is the only flyjet ac at MAN atm, as EA left us, for what seems like the whole of the winter period.

Although it didn't want to leave as first, it tried it came back on full emergency, fire engines and all :)

lgwechobravo
5th Nov 2006, 15:57
From what I understand from the company, EA is having maintenence done followed by CPH programme. EC will do some charter flying iniatially before going for its Silverjet refit and EB is manning the charter programme at NCL on behalf of Excel Aviation.

Air Malta aircraft will not affect FJE operation at all and things are going steady at the minute. NCL has had more flights added for the winter, so I understand and what the 767 will do before its refit is unclear, possibly take over NCL for a while, at which time EB will have some relief!!!

LGS6753
5th Nov 2006, 16:42
Silverjet flights start 25th January. How long will the 767 refit take?

Curious Pax
7th Nov 2006, 11:50
This weeks CAA licence update states that Flyjet have withdrawn their request to operate the 2 Air Malta 320s. Thought it was a bit strange, because the week after the application appeared an indentical on appeared for the same 2 aircraft, but from Excel.

jethro15
7th Nov 2006, 12:36
See posts 1 and 2 above. Explains all

Nato 35
7th Nov 2006, 21:51
Heard a rumour that FJE HQ is moving from LGW to LTN. Any Questions.
:cool: 35

diesel862
11th Nov 2006, 17:46
Yes its true, LGW office to close by 8th December.

Commercial Director already left, technical director going short.

Ops staff being offered 3months pay as incentive to work at LTN. Bet the Le meridien will miss their business.

Best of luck!!

Man_User
16th Nov 2006, 11:18
Looks like silverjet IS takin over, also EB has been sat in MAN for the past week, EC has gone to NCL and im told will be operating flights instead of EA.

Just see jethros.i12 no more flyjet, just silverjet with FJE A/C....

I posted here first http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221101&page=5
as i couldn't find this thread.... o well :rolleyes:
(http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221101&page=5)

fje1
19th Nov 2006, 21:42
Hi, Yep the 767 has launched out of newcastle operating ACE,TFS.LPA over the last couple of days.
EC should be leaving to go for a cabin refit in a week or so to be ready for silverjet.

Mr Blue Eyes
20th Nov 2006, 08:56
Yes congratulations are finally in order fje. A plane which has so far cost the company probably up to 2 million pounds in lease payments (so i am rumoured to believe) now takes to the sky. You must all be pleased with yourselves!

It will be interesting to see who has been paying for that when all the financial figures are published.

I hope flyjet continues to exist and the Silverjet management do a better job than the flyjet management. I hope Silverjet keep them going as their is enough work in the market and they are good for the industry.

lgwechobravo
20th Nov 2006, 11:07
Mr Blue Eyes I totally agree with your comments, lets hope Flyjet continue to exist as a Charter entity, there is space in the market, proved this summer with both 757 a/c being kept busy. New owners need to target technical reliability and reputation. Numerous internet review sites, holidaytruths for example, do not paint a good picture of FJE - this needs to change. Cabin Interiors, customer services dept, ground handling etc all commented on by pax numerous times. However, is this likely considering EA and EB are due for return to lessors at the end of next summer?? Will new a/c arrive, considering there are long term contracts signed which will need to be honoured??????!!!!:hmm:

One thing that is blantantly apparant from review sites, is that Cabin Crew at FJE always come out shining within reviews. Nice One!!:D

diesel862
20th Nov 2006, 16:49
I sincerely hope that Flyjet do rise from the ashes after the take over by Silverjet. With a new leadership willing to listen, learn and action that airline could be one of the best ad-hoc charter airlines around even with EA or EB!!!

FJE was a good company, with first rate crews, flightdeck and engineers. It was let down by the wrong managers in the wrong job and spineless directors that had tunnel vision and were deaf to all the comments made by the staff. If they had listened to those comments and I stress "constructive" comments, then the airline may have been bigger, stronger and have some kind of reputation.

I see none of the FJE managers are listed on Silverjet's website as "part of the team" you can view that as either none of them wanted to relocate to LTN or none of them were good enough for Silverjet's Directors (and I mean HQ managers not the IFM's).

Best of luck to Silverjet.

fje1
20th Nov 2006, 17:56
yep agree, and only a few people are relocating to luton from Flyjet HQ.

EA - Currently flying out of Newcastle
EB - Is havng a well earnt rest in Manchester.
EC- will leave Manchester 10:30 thursday morning to Newcastle and preform ACE,TFS,LPA.

Winter 2006

At the start of December B757 A/C EA will depart and commence the longhaul route's planned until Arpil 2007.

B757 EB will return to Newcastle and commence flights thorughout the winter.

EC B767 will shortly be recieving its cabin refit for delivery to the Silverjet fleet.

diesel862
21st Nov 2006, 07:43
Only a few people are moving to LTN, that is because most of them are leaving.

Another refit for EC, I have heared of pouring money down the drain but as a previous poster said, that aircraft is one big cash sucking machine.

One question to be asked is if £2 million was wasted on EC why couldn't these funds be put into the 2 B757's, refit their cabin and IFE and improve FJE's reputation?

Are the long haul routes to ATQ with Satnum Singh's agency??

fje1
21st Nov 2006, 13:03
EC- 2 Million was not lost... Due to circumstances with the aircraft, no money had to be paid in anyway by Flyjet. And is planned to end service with Flyjet 26th November 2006.

Longhaul routes EA:
Destinations for the first winter are from COPENHAGEN to:
TUE, THU & SAT – Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
TUE – Bangkok, Thailand - fortnightly
TUE – Goa, India – fortnightly
THU & SAT – Phuket, Thailand

EB:
TUE – Tenerife
WED – Fuerteventura
THU – Arrecife
FRI – Tenerife
SAT – Las Palmas
SUN – Sharm El Sheik
Some flights vary and will change destinations on certain programs EG WED will be FUE and then PFO.

Man_User
21st Nov 2006, 13:37
So, Flyjet are back to 2 A/C from the end of November, Oh and while EB is 'Resting' in MAN does it have a slot to enter the hanger and have about a 3 month service? :E

Any ideas FJE1 about flights out of Manchester for 07? As ive not heard anything, its all been NCL.

diesel862
21st Nov 2006, 16:47
Regarding EC and no monies paid, so who paid Manchester for the parking at MAN which several other posters have commented is not cheap and for the "refit" at ATC Lasham.

Futher more will the B757's have seats removed for the "long haul". Copenhagen to Thailand with a full load on B757 would require 2 techstops.

I'm no having a pop at Flyjet as such, it just seems rediculous that all the man hours, money and sweat to get a B767-200 into service and all its done is a few IT flights from NCL.

fje1
22nd Nov 2006, 16:34
EB is to return to Newcastle to commence the winter program there as I have stated.

EA will have seats removed for a 219 seat Config.

EC is still in the standard config and has to preform these "Shake Down" sectors before it enters service with Silverjet. So this is why its having its few" IT" flights.
The refit is at Silverjets cost not Flyjet.

The problems with EC where not an issue until it was fully inspected after delivery from the leaser. Therefore it could not carry passengers and needed alot of "MAN HOURS" to correct this. Minor defects and a new engine.

As for Summer 2007 MANCHESTER

MON - MAN-DLM-MAN..MAN-LPA-MAN
TUE - MAN-HER-MAN..MAN-TFS-MAN
WED - MAN-PFO-MAN
THU - MAN-SKG-MAN..MAN-ACE-MAN
FRI - MAN-DLM-MAN..MAN-CFU-MAN
SAT - MAN-SSH-MAN..MAN-RHO-MAN
SUN - MAN-LCA-MAN
subject to minor changes.

lgwechobravo
22nd Nov 2006, 18:52
All sounding very positive for FJE at the moment, lets hope it positivity and profitability increase, as someone has said we have the potential to be an excellent charter carrier - an independant one!!

One thing, for summer 07 will EA be put back into normal config or left at 219?

Man_User
22nd Nov 2006, 19:05
Thank you fje1, good news that flyjet will still run out of manchester but now i am alittle worried.

Mainly because of the bad tech problems that EB and EA have had this year are now not going to get better, and that excel (who help flyjet alot this summer) are letting go there 2 757's to flyglobespan in March.

Im sorry to say this but you cant expect 17/18 year old aircraft to keep the pace of modern day flying.

My only hope is that Flyjet didnt have the money to fix problems when they accrued, so they got worse then took longer to fix; were as now Silverjet are behind them with alot of cash and hopefully problems will be fixed quickley rather than left.

All that said i hope Flyjet have a great year with few delays.

flyer55
23rd Nov 2006, 11:28
Are Flyjet closing their base at LGW altogether ? If so wonder who getting their slots !

caaardiff
23rd Nov 2006, 12:50
Im sorry to say this but you cant expect 17/18 year old aircraft to keep the pace of modern day flying.

My only hope is that Flyjet didnt have the money to fix problems when they accrued, so they got worse then took longer to fix; were as now Silverjet are behind them with alot of cash and hopefully problems will be fixed quickley rather than left.

Compare this to say Thomson, who have a fair few 757's. These are anything between 11-16 yrs old and are constantly worked with their charter shedule.
Hopefully as you say, if the money is there to keep them going, their reputation may improve!

lgwechobravo
28th Nov 2006, 10:17
Have FJE picked up any extra winter work to boost operations and ultimately profits? Obviously CPH work is good, the guys up in NCL seem to be keeping the operation going at the minute, but FJE usually pick up alot of subcontract and extra work. Maybe the Hajj?????

sunnygirl
29th Nov 2006, 09:42
It appears that LGW base will close down by April, MAN & NCL will close when the 757's go back by the end of next year. Silverjet got what they wanted the AOC and a cheap 767 to get them started. Flyjet purpose served now bye bye Flyjet:ouch: :sad: :{

lgwechobravo
29th Nov 2006, 18:40
News to the crews based at MAN/LGW and NCL?? Nice of management to say something, typical!!!! Was contract in NCL/MAN not 3 years?

SAM 2M
29th Nov 2006, 22:18
Sunny Girl. I think you will find that your assumption that bases will close as a result the a/c leases is incorrect. :ugh:

Have you considered the possibility that newer 757s will be leased in place of the existing aircraft. :)

Leases coming to an end (by definition) happens all the time. I don't remember the large Charter Carrier I flew for closing bases beacuse the leases ended. The result was that I found myself at the controls of of brand new and nearly new 757s with Pegasus FMCs & double GPS etc etc. in replacement of the older jets. Dan Air did not close when the leases were up on its Comets.

I shall not stop drving when my car needs replacing.

WAIT & SEE! :ok:

Stpaul
30th Nov 2006, 09:26
Agree. But what would be nice and good management is if the present management actually formally stated their intentions. Therefore people would be put at ease regarding their jobs and be given ample time to look for another if needed.

fje1
30th Nov 2006, 11:17
Flyjet must make a profit by the end of summer 2007 otherwise why would silverjet want to pay for something they do not want in the first place.
If Flyjet does make a profit then newer aircraft may be the answer.
Everyone has to pull together at the airports to make this possible from cleaners,caterers and crew, EVERYONE
Where someone did say that Excel Airways helped flyjet out alot in summer 2006 this is true but may I add when Excel had problems Flyjet did help out.
All airlines have problems and sometimes have to ask another airline for help.
Yes EA and EB are getting on abit but are still not half way through their recommended life span.
The main problem is the LACK of capital within the business that was being spent on the essentials rather than crap.

So to keep NCL and MAN in business Flyjet MUST make a profit.
And the airline has to be treated with more respect otherwise it does not have a chance in making this goal.

Flyjet does deserve this chance as its never had any luxurues and has made it through almost 4 years of struggling.
The crews are great and don't deserve to be laid off, they are and have been put through alot to help the airline where this would not happen in a bigger airline.

Albert Hall
30th Nov 2006, 12:54
The 757s both go back off lease to AWAS next November. NCL + MAN operations will definitely stop then, and could even stop before that if the charter flying and remaining period of the 757 leases were transferred to someone else like Excel.

I would not hold out false hope here and would suggest that you push for some definitive answers - it does sound as though those at NCL + MAN are being strung along. I think you will find that the decision has already been taken.

lgwechobravo
30th Nov 2006, 13:09
Well what else can be said, apart from 'typical flyjet'. New management and nothing changes!!!! There is potential here and they can't even see it. I feel alot of crew and office staff will be saying :mad: very shortly to management.

diesel862
30th Nov 2006, 13:49
lgwechobravo

People both inside and outside the company have been saying that for a long long time.

Flyjet had amazing potential and could have become a top notch airline but it was let down by its management, wrong people in the wrong jobs and truly awful operations and commercial decisions / agreements.

Best of luck to the crews / ops staff

Man_User
30th Nov 2006, 16:07
To be honest guys, as fje1 says, its all down to what happens this year, profit then flyjet will move forward, no profit then the 757 lease will run out and that will be that.

Flyjet have a chance this year, no good saying ,o the mangement is bad, because i dont believe it is. The problem this last year has been the a/c and having no capital to fix therm properly, nothing more.

As iive said in a previous post, with SJ money behind them to fix the problems with the a/c faster there shouldnt be the long deleys and thus putting 2 sets, sometimes 4 sets of passengers in hotels i.e alot of cash.

I just hope they keep up with the service on the a/c's and things will be fine.

GL Flyjet :ok:

lgwechobravo
30th Nov 2006, 18:55
The worrying fact is that even though Silverjet are now behind flyjet with lots of capital, no money has been invested in FJE, especially the a/c. Indeed with them being returned in October, I suspect no money will be spent on them. It has been said over and over again that with Silverjet as the scheduled exec airline, flyjet has great great potential to be a top niche charter carrier (possibly along the lines of Titan etc) but the interest and enthusiasm does not seem to be there for the new big bosses. Charters will not want to hire an airline with an appaulling punctuality and technical dispatch record and where complaints from pax pile up.

What are the management going to do if they don't get a replacement for EA and EB. Contracts have been signed with the Danish company and with Excel Aviation. Surely they wont be too pleased with being dropped in it?!:mad:

NCL - Busy programme, enthusiastic pax reactions - potential.
MAN - Busy programme, enthusiastic pax reactions - potential.
LGW - The hub of UK charter ops - potential.

SAM 2M
30th Nov 2006, 21:29
Oh Dear Oh Dear...................

Please do not report OPINION AS FACT....An opinion and the actual facts can often 100% different............:ugh: :ugh:

ALBERT I challenge you to back up your statement that the bases you mention will 'definately close'. :ugh:

I think you will find in due course that this may not be the case. Flyjet has an excellent chance to succeed but quite naturally does not need this 'talking down' attitude.

ALBERT ....back your 'definately close' comment with EVIDENCE or WITHDRAW IT.

If it is just YOUR OPINION then fine but say so and make it clear. Responsibility & accuracy are extremely important in these matters.

I am fed up with the number of people have predicted our demise over the last three years. WE have proved them wrong time and time again & WE at FJE will continue to do so.

Just read the tired old and ultimately inaccurate posts written 'ad nauseam' on this forum.

It never ceases to amaze how some posters on PPRuNe almost seem to wish jobs & airlines away!

I reiterate....EITHER:
-BACK YOUR COMMENT with EVIDENCE
-WITHDRAW IT
OR
-MAKE IT CLEAR THAT IT IS JUST YOUR OPINION (ie. Just A Guess!)

LGWEcho

Again....same for you... OPINION stated as FACT.....how do you know 'no money has been invested in FJE?' . I think you will find that that you may very well be proven incorrect.

WAIT & SEE

BYALPHAINDIA
30th Nov 2006, 23:40
SAM 2M, I agree I Tink people compound what is already being said, And join in the Entourage!!

I am a fan of FJE and I have the DVD with Capts JN & DP on the flights to CFU & PFO.

Is JN & DP still at FJE? It is an excellent DVD, and it was well produced with the friendly crews of FJE.

The Photography from the FD is excellent!

The producer approached some of the 'Large' operators, But they declined and FJE was more than happy to please.

The bigger Airlines should Tink = Big is not always Beautiful!

Regards.;)

Albert Hall
1st Dec 2006, 07:25
My previous post was not a guess - it is based on fact. I have sent a private message to SAM 2M to explain it, but cannot post the full message here.

Stpaul
1st Dec 2006, 09:22
SAM 2M the evidence works both ways!

If the management do not come out with 'fact' you will always end up with rumours of what may/will happen, as is always the case in uncertain situations and especially on a rumour web site!

If the management have something to say, be brave enough to say it formally to the staff instead of using this site. That is the only thing that will end rumour.

nclpilot
1st Dec 2006, 11:45
Its such a shame people are discussing an airline pulling out of bases. I would like to know what basis this is formed upon? I do see the FJE a/c sitting on the ground in NCL for a stretch at a time - surely this must be a hige cash strain on the company.
I believe all work at NCL is on behalf of XLA Aviation - where would it leave XLA as I thought there base was a summer operation only.

NCL1
1st Dec 2006, 12:33
i thought the NCL had done well this summer, fair enough has had a few problems, but excel helped out and all seemed fine. surely they would never have opened an NCL base just last summer if things were looking bleak! i do however know that fje at ncl have lost alot of there crew, and a few more are expected to leave in the coming months, does seem a little strange that they have not recruited to replace there staff if things are going strong. not criticising them at all, nice to see new airlines coming into NCL, just wondered that all :bored:
Best of Luck FJE!, and to all there staff, hope you do stick around a lot longer :)

fje1
2nd Dec 2006, 13:26
[quote=BYALPHAINDIA;2996011]

Is JN & DP still at FJE? It is an excellent DVD, and it was well produced with the friendly crews of FJE.

Hi yes JN & DP are still At FJE.

Nice to see some positive comments on FJE.
Lets hope that everyone can pull together and make the airline good as it should be.

lgwechobravo
7th Dec 2006, 15:47
Well fje1 if the latest rumours are to be believed then NCL and LGW will be closing as bases with MAN possibly remaining open. Evidence certainly is there. Previously operated FJE flights onbehalf of XL are now down as XLA for next Nov.

What I am sure everybody would appreciate is just to be told - it is peoples livelihoods. I am not getting at you but SJet people promised fantastic things fir everyone at FJE and to be truthful I think it could be the opposite!

LGS6753
7th Dec 2006, 15:58
Silverjet 767 arrived at Luton today in full livery (G-SJET, ex-FJEC).

nclpilot
7th Dec 2006, 16:49
lgwechobravo - where did you see XLA flights now from November?

I feel ever so sorry for the FJE staff - I know this industry is never smooth but you guys seem to have had a bad run of it.

Stpaul
7th Dec 2006, 18:05
Are you sure that they are going to be flown by XL rather than flyjet. I know that flyjet flew quite a lot of flights as XL this year.

nclpilot
7th Dec 2006, 20:25
Just been on xl website and its says XL Airways but only the TFS route by the looks of it. No other routes listed on the system - do FJE operate many in the winter?

transwede
8th Dec 2006, 08:56
Currently FJE operate upto 6 flights per week from NCL during the winter season, some flights start at later dates than others. Shame for FJE, they started off quite promising at NCL. :uhoh:

The AvgasDinosaur
8th Dec 2006, 10:16
Silverjet 767 arrived at Luton today in full livery (G-SJET, ex-FJEC).
Here is a piccy at Manchester,
Hope it is of interest.
http://www.ringwayreports.co.uk/G-SJET_NF_071206.jpg
Be lucky
David

Fuel Crossfeed
8th Dec 2006, 14:41
Was it flown in by FJE flight crew or are the Silverjet flight deck crews up and running now??

nclpilot
27th Dec 2006, 14:17
Bad experience nickfix??

I thought FJE were doing OK? They havent been doing a great number of flights ex NCL at the moment

nclpilot
27th Dec 2006, 15:39
Very interesting...but why would Silverjet purchase a company in such dire straits?

nclpilot
27th Dec 2006, 16:34
So are FJE not renewing leases on the B757?

PPRuNe Pop
27th Dec 2006, 16:44
This thread is getting hot and based upon hearsay or assumptions. It is also getting into a verbal war.

So.............I am closing it. Someone can start another but the first person to step over the line of making assumptions about the state of ANY airline, let alone this one, is likely to get a rest from PPRuNe.