PDA

View Full Version : The only Army aviation website

KENNYR
27th Oct 2006, 06:38
Hi All,

Due to the demise of the Army Air Corps Association web site a few intrepid ex-Corps members have introduced a new website www.armyaviation.co.uk

The site is extremely well put together and the refreshing thing is the use of real names instead of nicknames. To use the site requires registration but you will find it well worth your time. The intention of the site is not to be in competition with PPRuNe or ARRSE but rather to compliment both sites by offering an additional outlet for all things "aviation".:ok:

mutleyfour
27th Oct 2006, 08:00
I agree with Kenny, its well worth a moment of your time.

Fly Army!

Nr Nh T6
27th Oct 2006, 08:15
If you are AAC or indeed Ex AAC this IS the site to go on!!!! Keep up to date on what is going on in your Corps!!

wg13_dummy
27th Oct 2006, 11:21
Its very good. Highly recommend it!

Its not just for AAC.

Groundies, aircrew, techs and all those connected with Army Aviation are encouraged to join!

Zoom
27th Oct 2006, 12:11
Will the 'real names' business work? Remaining incognito certainly has its disadvantages (security, personal abuse, etc), but its main advantage is that contributors who are properly 'in the know' can write without compromising themselves or their positions. I certainly would not subscribe even to PPRuNe if my identity was revealed. There is only one other contributor on PPRuNe whose identity is known to me and the fact that I don't know the names of the other thousands has neither spoiled my enjoyment here nor detracted from the value I place on the site.

mutleyfour
27th Oct 2006, 12:37
Very good point Zoom and thats why AA is different to both PPRUNE and ARRSE because its not designed to be the same.

On Aviation everyone is known as its more a place to meet old colleagues and share Sqn stories etc. Each Sqn has their own forum but things like the crew room are also in place as well as caption comps etc etc

Old as well as young, serving and ex serving are all invited and we even hope to have our own marquee at the anniversary celebrations at Middle Wallop next year.

So if you have worked within Army Aviation then register and get aboard.

KENNYR
28th Oct 2006, 07:05
Zoom,

The one thing that puts me off some of these websites is the anonymous sniping that goes on. Maybe its the way things are done in Crab Aiir but why cant the members have the b**ls to speak out using their true identities.

Your point about people being in a position to impart "real-time" information and not wishing to suffer the consequences is valid, however, whatever happened to freedom of speech and expression. Surely the RAF has come out of the dark ages as the Army has.

It has been my experience that the RAF SH wallahs just love to let us all know how wonderful they are and how they should control all the worlds helicopter assets, so why dont they "come out" of the closet and stop hiding behind the cloak of anonymity.

diginagain
29th Oct 2006, 07:54
Bumped up.

The invitation is there, and there are quite number of both RAF and RN aircrew who served in Aviation at some stage, even if aircraft servicability made it feel more like holding at times.

CARVE111
2nd Nov 2006, 19:38
A damn good read for anyone who has ever been involved with the Army Air Corps.

Has anyone told the Price Of Wales how good it is?