PDA

View Full Version : commuting from germany

NigelsFriend
27th Oct 2006, 03:03
We are planning to commute next year from MUC. The actual commuting is not a problem but could anyone help me to anwser the following questions?

1) Whats the tax situation for crew employed outside of the country of residence (e.g. is germany as tax friendly as france)?

2) Is it possible to use the health service as a proper member of any krankenkasse without using the E111?

3) How do I list in LH?

4) Anything else we need to know?

Tx a million guys ;)

katjuscha
27th Oct 2006, 10:23
Hi NigelsFriend,

if you live in Germany you need to pay tax and to hand in a tax computation. If you have already paid tax in another country you also need to do your tax and you need a receipt about the paid tax.

Sorry, I donŽt know what E111 means, but if you need a health insurance in germany, youŽll need to choose a private one. Some of them have special rates if your main insurance exists in another country. you can find insurance broker who can help you with it.

If you want to sign for LH standby tickets, usually your company is responsible for that. IŽm not sure if you can do it by yourself.

Hope that helps you a little!!!

We are planning to commute next year from MUC. The actual commuting is not a problem but could anyone help me to anwser the following questions?

1) Whats the tax situation for crew employed outside of the country of residence (e.g. is germany as tax friendly as france)?

2) Is it possible to use the health service as a proper member of any krankenkasse without using the E111?

3) How do I list in LH?

4) Anything else we need to know?

Tx a million guys ;)

flyblue
27th Oct 2006, 13:11
Have a look here (http://europa.eu.int/unitedkingdom/about_us/office_in_northern_ireland/faq_en.htm)!

NigelsFriend
27th Oct 2006, 15:27
Tx a lot for the info so far.

I do have a EU health card (living in UK) but been told in the past there is a way of getting state health insurance too (not private). Any idea anyone?

Normally i list for my own flights when on stb, never done it from abroad.

NigelsFriend
28th Oct 2006, 14:37
Cant believe there is no one else out who could give more advise. :sad:

PLEASE :D

theskyboy
29th Oct 2006, 19:36
Hi Nigels Friend,

As far as listing is concerned, it has to be done online via www.flyzed.com

I don't know who you work for, but if it's BA go to the intranet and 'google' flyzed and you'll find the login and password there.

You can also use the flyzed site to list on: AY/BT/DE/KF/LX/OS/SK/TG/WF

I can't give you much advice on health insurance, although I did use to live in Austria and being a little accident prone ended up in casualty on 2 separate occasions. Both times my E111 (Now EHIC) was fine, although I also needed physiotherapy on one occasion and this then had to be covered by my Austrian health insurance.

Hope this helps!

tsb

Kawai
30th Oct 2006, 01:39
I've heard about this european card but you need to have an address in the UK, if you don't have one here is another option... the E106 http://www.dwp.gov.uk/international/sa29/medical_06.asp