PDA

View Full Version : CJ1 Crew Pay

Capt. Tango
26th Oct 2006, 19:12
Hi Folks, wondering if anyone can give advice on CJ1 crew pay?
My company is thinking of getting a CJ1 online for a bit of corp. flying. The CP told me that he was thinking of paying L/H seat non type rated £20K per yr and rated people £25K... I thought he was joking but he's not. Can anyone let me know if thats the going rate is or is he being tight with the dosh. Thanks CT

BizJetJock
26th Oct 2006, 19:46
He'd be at the bottom of the ball park with double that.....

PPRuNeUser0215
26th Oct 2006, 19:58
Just to give you an idea and all UK based past own experience:
Chieftain Single Pilot. 20Ks
C208 23Ks
And that was a few years ago too.
Our King Air Captains got 35-40Ks so anything with Jet engines should command significantly more (if your CP wants to find and retain of course ;) )

Phil Brockwell
27th Oct 2006, 06:25
We are just buying a CJ, we have 45k GBP and 22k GBP in our budget, but to be fair thats just a budget, don't know if we will get anyone at that, will be advertising next week, will let you know how many takers we get.

Phil

Capt. Tango
28th Oct 2006, 14:51
Thanks for the info.
Just another point, Are your pay figures for type rated or not?
Iam wondering if I pay for my type rating is it going to be worth it in the long run against me not having a type rating and lower salary?
Thanks CT:ugh:

Phil Brockwell
1st Nov 2006, 18:48
We will hope to get type rated crew, but may have to pay for the rating and bond.

Phil

Capt. Tango
6th Nov 2006, 20:03
Thanks all!

Phil,
Would you know what the cost of a type rating is and if your going to bond your pilots what would your T&C's be? (if you dont mind me asking)
Im just curious what my CP is going to come up with.

Thanks
CT