PDA

View Full Version : 737 in South Africa, hiring?

Dmax
26th Oct 2006, 16:47
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a job in South Africa, on B737 (I'm Type Rated but no experience on that). Do you know about any airline expanding or hiring low hour type rated or the possibility to perform "time building"?:confused:

Looking also to other experiences, like bush flight multiengine and air safari ecc.:E

I've 350 TT, 250 IFR, 110 PIC, 80 ME and B737 EFIS TR.

If you have any email or contact, please PM me.:)

Thank you friends, hope to discover your beautiful Continent.

Ciao!
Davide

Q4NVS
26th Oct 2006, 16:50
350 TT and 250 IF..? :\

Were you flying underwater?

:ok:

south coast
26th Oct 2006, 18:09
350 hours TT and B737 TR, try pm'ing birdlady, I think she might be able to help you or at least point you in the right direction.

reptile
26th Oct 2006, 18:17
350 TT, 250 IFR...:eek: :eek: :eek: ...

That is going to take a bit of explaining. I can think of three major carriers in SA that won't touch you.

south coast
26th Oct 2006, 18:25
In his defence, IFR time under JAR, is from when you move till when you stop while on an IFR flight plan.

Not the same as under the SA Regs.

Dmax
26th Oct 2006, 18:41
250 IFR hours are:

145 in the simulator and 105 in real plane.

350 hours TT and B737 TR, try pm'ing birdlady, I think she might be able to help you or at least point you in the right direction.

Ok, I'll try, thanks

Hi,

just don`t stick your mind on South Africa! Why?

Try:
Virgin Nigeria
Arik Air
Airlines in Canada...

Search the web and you`ll find some.

Good Luck!

I don't try Canada cause I've JAA licence and TR and I remember that Canada is FAA, am I wrong? Would I need to change in FAA?

Already tried Virgin Nigeria and Arik Air. The first sad me they have a lot of applications and at the present I'm not interesting; the second has not replied me yet.

birdlady
26th Oct 2006, 20:25
Dmax

For some reason I wasnt able to send you a pm so I hope you dont mind me answering you on a public forum. :confused: :confused:

Ill put it to you like this,

With 350hrs TT you have a better chance of seeing a pig fly than get a job in SA with an airline. Requirements here are extremely high (+1500hrs). I dont mean to sound harsh but Im trying to tell you like it is. The fact that your a foreigner doesnt help either. Market is flooded with many local boys/gals with triple your experience. In conclussion, pigs fly and hell freezing over comes to mind.:( :( So my advice, if you've got your heart set on airlines stick in Europe or go the States. If you would like to come to Africa, instructing or charter work is your only option. But Im sure you dont want to waste your money on your TR.

Hope this helps. :ok: Sorry to burst your bubble. :(

birdlady
26th Oct 2006, 20:29
P.S

South Coast,

Im flattered that you would think that my advice would be valuable since Im only a lowly PPL..............:p :p :rolleyes: ;)

Dmax
26th Oct 2006, 23:05
Thank you lady. :)

square leg
27th Oct 2006, 19:25
To add to south coast's comment, IFR is exactly that, rules and not conditions as in IMC. So if you filed IFR, you log IFR (under JAR-OPS regs). And as was said by sc, JAR has different rules for logging. Logic in terms of terminology applies in this case. In a way it makes sense. Sometimes flying in VMC (especially at high altitude or over the sea at low level on a hazy day) makes it rather interesting to know what's up and what's down without the reference of instruments. (Just in cases you is wondering), lekke weekend vi julle!

Zenj
29th Oct 2006, 14:19
Hi

I have seen Zambian Airlines advertising looking for Capt/F/O for B737-200 , thats a nice start even though they want a short term folks but its ok for building hours, see flightinternational.com/jobs or search there for Zambian.

All the best

Zenj

Dmax
29th Oct 2006, 17:43
Thanks, I saw that but they ask "have you a 737-200 TR?", I've 737-300/900, the -200 is another type rating, not just a differential course...

LongJohnThomas
30th Oct 2006, 19:22
That only depends on where you decide to fly it. The B737 i mean, regardless of series.:ok: