View Full Version : Transmile

junior83
26th Oct 2006, 15:55
Would appreciate any info on the cargo operations of their MD11.Routes, duty roster, days off at base, benefits.
Thanks in advance.

coef.of.Lift
28th Oct 2006, 01:25
benefits???

what benefits.....

off days?? ha.....roster ? changes everyday...

........SIGH...............:ugh:

Mr. Green
29th Oct 2006, 09:52
Benefits...ask Karen Yew, our wonderful power hungry, authoritative-above the law, so-called Human Resources Manager about the very generous flight allowance raise and the ****tiest hotels to save a buck or 2 after doing a 17-hour duty flight with duty extension back to back and she'll say, you are all overpaid from the start and you complain for nothing! But of course, she'll go back to Mr Gan that she's saving company money by screwing people however she feels like.

Roster? If you are on the pacific route, it changes everyday. If you are on charters, roster will change every hour.

An apathy organization with a non-existing rudder; human slavery is the norm here. They love CHEAP and FREE.

jumpdrive
30th Oct 2006, 04:26
wow looks like a fantastic place to work

longlatif
30th Oct 2006, 19:19
Forget this place!

Word is the 727 is even worse...most pilots flying 3-4 times a month!!!

Money bad, hours bad, aircraft bad, management terrible...why bother?

Use that cash you need to put down as a bond to buy a type rating at AirAsia :} Not much better but at least you are flying....:hmm:

jetjockey696
31st Oct 2006, 05:05
Hey guys

Transmile is bad...very bad. BUT if you are desperate, if AH long's are on your back it's worth it. They even got a cadet trainee scheme, but you need your commercial (Malaysian license) then they train you on the B727....the dinosaur. I think there are not many B727 in this world. one or two in indonesia and possibly Angola.. for the arms trade:E

don;t buy a A320 type rating then join Air ASia. I was told by the DFO of AIR asia..They want to train you on there own terms and conditions..with a five year bond..if you break the bond they want off you 150000Rm in 1 ringgit notes (only kidding about the 1 ringgit notes:E ) besides these A320 are experimental A320s. not the normal standard type. SO ask the DFO about the joining.. AirASIA has a nice DFO now.:ok:

kwaiyai
1st Nov 2006, 14:16
You could get asimilated by the Borg, Resistance is futile:}

Skywards747
2nd Nov 2006, 08:44
What is an experimental A320?

CAT IIIB
3rd Nov 2006, 07:00
It means something like The 'Rakan Muda' used to build.:ugh:

edz
8th Nov 2006, 13:28
Is transmile that bad? I thought of aiming for transmile after i grad...:\
hehehe...i dunno but for some low hours freshie pilots (like me) would wanna try transmile to get some hours on jet....

please advice...
TQ

CTM1394
18th Nov 2006, 07:00
Transmile is not that bad. Their business is doing very well (your job can be secured for years) General atmosphere is good if you stay where you should be and dont open your mouth for nothing...The only pb of this company is the recrutment: there is no selection, just an interview. If you are the friend of a staff you can get in easily, whatever your performance or your behaviour.
With no selection, the company is definitely facing difficulties with people's misbehaviour ( locals or western pilots who refuse to mix with the Asian way of life/work and complain). Of course the management have no lessons to recieve from them , problems arise and some quit or are terminated.
Subsequently the company is trying to protect itself imposing uge deposits of money upfront which look unfair for most of us.
For my own experience: Transmile gave me the opportunity to fly jet for the first time in my life, opening me the doors of majors airlines. Allowed me to be captain after 1 year. Allowed me to sleep in 4 stars hotels. Allowed me to have an excellent standard of living in Malaysia. To deal with techinical pb i will never see anymore in the future ;) (which are priceless for unexperienced jet pilots ) . To have a serious but not stressfull training. To have an allowance (doing nothing) for many months while i was waiting for my work permit...
Many times I saw Transmile give young pilots their chance to become a qualified jet pilot even if their performance was low and be patient with them till they reach the standards.
Well, these are some good points with Transmile...

macumba
18th Nov 2006, 10:31
Fukc Transmile ... every country does have some bottom feeder airline, and with this company, you are absolutely at the bottom.:mad:

kwaiyai
18th Nov 2006, 15:02
Honestly there is good an bad in everything. I have seen better but certainly worse. Macumba try Dustin crops in Africa or Flyin D@@@H@@d Jockies to race meetings and you would see my point too.
Cant stand the heat? get out the kitchen..:E

coef.of.Lift
18th Nov 2006, 22:03
Agreed!

this cargo company has given me opportunity to fly a jet aircraft
to gain exprience for my future use......eg.for moving to a well paid
and established airline..

you can't expect to have the best of both worlds..:ugh:

there's always good and bad. either way..we can all B*** till the cows

come home.......I'm flying a JET and Clocking JET Hours.....:ok:

kwaiyai
19th Nov 2006, 02:18
And with that Experience you can move onto Pastures new,Right or not, up to you. Simple Biz Tactics.

longlatif
19th Nov 2006, 08:48
Absolute rubbish in those last few posts!

When will people understand that YOU are doing transmile a favour by working there and not the other way around?

COF transmile has given you the opportunity to fly a jet aircraft and bond you for 7 years, pay you an SO salary, let you fly 30 hours a month and have no life with the rosters?

you can't expect to have the best of both worlds?

Why the hell cant you? So they can treat you like rubbish for 5-7 years because they gave you a break into flying a jet?

Anyone that is thinking about flying for these tools think hard and long...

Reality is 30-40hours 727 a month
MD 11 depends what roster
Terrible pay, NO benefits (jumpseats etc)

It's a cargo airline that treats it's staff (locals and expats) with no respect.

MD 11 hours might count for something but as far as 727 goes...I wouldnt hold your breath!

MAS wasnt that much better, but at least we had benefits...

My two cents, go work for Air Asia!

confirm-finals?
19th Nov 2006, 15:09
Sad but mostly true...

kwaiyai
20th Nov 2006, 14:49
Longlatif,
U really are a chocalate tool. This argument can go on till H freezes over,
As I said there is worse and You are an arrogant # cos Ive seen it an you havent. I would like to say more but the Nice moderator wont let me,
Do the world a favor and Go away, every post of yours is BS,
:}

Mr. Green
20th Nov 2006, 18:21
One of the latest is one particular Captain did not like where he was nightstopping and of course bought himself a one-way ticket to HKG and screwed the roster.
And what does the company do? Bought a one way ticket for another Captain to cover his flight. How the company can tolerate such unprofessional behavior is beyond anyone's guess.
Karen, are you reading this? He's eating into our 3Q RM41.3 Million Profit and you still want to renew his contract? Oh But..in front of Big G...standard la...we all know your SOP....

longlatif
21st Nov 2006, 15:22
kwaiyai what did I say in my last post on Transmile that wasn't true?

1) SO are not on 7 year contracts, $1900rm basic per month, flying once a week?
2) MD 11 has 2 rosters. Get Europe and you can kiss your flying hours goodbye, get US and you spend more time positoning then flying?
3) Terrible pay and no benefits?

Tell me which of the above, as you say, is BS and i'll kindly vanish...

Otherwise you vanish and stop blowing smoke up Transmile's cake hole and let people find out the real truth about this typically substandard Malaysian run airline

VH DSJ
22nd Nov 2006, 23:36
Check out this thread;

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=166096

sounds like a bit of a circus, if you ask me ;)

longlatif
24th Nov 2006, 03:15
COF with the amount of ass kissing you do here on pprune I wouldnt feel right hitting a sissy boy but if you insist name a place and a time...I'll fly into malaysia just for it!

Chrome dome I'm no longer in Malaysia but if I was it would be for air asia and not my previous employer MAS. I would not be working for Transmile that's for sure... and yes I am flying a widebody jet now, so dont worry!

kwaiyai you say i'm full of it and a waste of space yet you have not responded to ANY of the questions I put forward on this post (apart from captains flying more that 30-40hours).

Seems I'm pushing some buttons here...Truth hurts I guess

Mr. Green
25th Nov 2006, 02:34
In all fairness to j83 who was asking about the MD11 operation here is some info:
Local Captain
15000RM (Type + Basic)
4000RM+ (40 Hrs Flight Allowance Min.)
300RM (Traveling Allowance)
250RM (Personal Claim)
Meal allowances - varies
Per Diem 70US per night
No Overtime pay!

Capts recently got a flight allowance from 80RM to 100RM. Copilots flight allowance raise from 50RM to 55RM.

Local Copilot pay:
6500RM (Type + Basic)
2200RM+ (40 Hrs Flight Allowance Min.)
300RM (Traveling Allowance)
250RM (Personal Claim)
Meal allowances - varies
Per Diem 70US per night
No Overtime pay!

1 USD = 3.64MYR / 1MYR = 0.275USD

Bond Value...depends on Special K's mood and how she likes you or not, you might get anywhere 140K to 180K la...

Roster - Special K in black and white: 22 days on 8 days off at home but dont even hold your breath. The reality is more like a good 1 to 2 months away from home, come back for a few days and off you go again for copilots! Capts gets better roster pattern.

Routes - Subang/Hong Kong/Anchorage/Los Angeles (N America)
But for the charters.....Subang/Nanjing/Tashkent/Europe somewhere and mind you these flights are scheduled with planned duty extensions every single time!! Legality and fatigue issues here?
Where you go next or when you go is totally up to God I guess....

Expat FO is 6500US with guaranteed min. 22 days of per diem at 60USD/night. Overtime pay above 80 flight hours (quite a lot). Transportation and accomodation provided.

Expat Capt is 8500US with the same conditions above.
Exapt Training Capt is only 1000US more.

(Most) Expats usually get their off blocks and their so-called guaranteed off days. They get to pick and choose where they want to fly and usually get what they want. Just look at the my previous post to see the nonsense they pull.

Locals (except management) get the rear end and the exact opposite of what the (most) expats are enjoying.

Ask any skippers who's making >30000RM Gross now.....carrot anyone?

Plus side....predominantly a bunch of good guys to fly with. Interesting routes (charters)....glass cockpit and widebody hours for both skipper and copilot.....just gotta put up with LOTS of nonsense from every dept.

skywest_xr
27th Nov 2006, 06:04
Are there any overseas new hires starting with Transmile? Or Air Asia for that matter?

xr

rwyctrln
2nd Dec 2006, 11:36
transmile or air asia is almost the same but as for transmile you get food and a little more pay i think and you get a widebody although a little old. but as for transmile, well, already mentioned enough on this thread i guess. again and again . over again, it's always the management.

but according to air asia rumours, you gotta pay 75 grand RM to join them and sign a bond on the 320's ? wow, guess those 320's are made out of gold huh ? and the pay ain't that god compared to transmile. but rumours says they are getting widebody now ? 320 = 75k RM, 330 / 340 = 150k RM 5 years bond ? forget about it then hahaha.

eitihad is recruiting and the bond ain't that expensive and or better rating with food at least !

but both of them are short of crew according to many people. as usual people that are not happy will always b!t*h :)

Gold Falcon
2nd Dec 2006, 13:11
Yeah.. Etihad, Qatar and Emirates would pay tripple for F/O. Plus Etihad has started taking in non type rated and maybe another 'package revision?'. Qatar as well but heard working condition not as good.

rwyctrln
3rd Dec 2006, 20:26
sounds good. resume otw to qatar although not so good but at least food provided, more $ :} and benefits. also heard there are no benefits too from air asia and transmile :rolleyes:

kwaiyai
4th Dec 2006, 06:45
Very simple Mr Lati Ive got better things to do with my spare time than argue with you on this website. You are perfectly entitled to your point of view but at least have the nicety as much as poss to post your views in a way that doesnt insult fellow aviators. I agree with some of your points in fact but some are just negative Crap. You can take that any way you want too. Either way you are always going to have the last say anyhow so I and undoubtably others cannot be botthered to rise to your Talk, Plain enough for you.
TAIR is not great but there is worse out there but you are too ignorant to know that, Little man.
Unrespectfully yours:=

skywest_xr
4th Dec 2006, 10:14
Are Air Asia / Transmile taking foreign applicants? I do like Malaysia as a country

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
5th Dec 2006, 09:28
VH-DSJ, has given you guys the link to the old thread on transmile. Can anybody please enlighten me on what has changed in the company from then to now.:confused:

cruisercruiser
1st Nov 2010, 08:09
Do Transmile take in fresh 200 hour pilots?