PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook

Capt Holland
26th Oct 2006, 15:21
Hello

I have recently been told i need to attend a preliminary group assessment interview at Gatwick for cabin crew with Thomas Cook. I was wondering if anybody has already been through this and could tell me roughly what is involved. If anyone has any tips they could give me to make the day a bit easier i would greatly appreciate it.

Alternatively, if anyone else is also attending this on the 18th November let me know as it is always nice to sort of know someone at these assessment days.

Thanks in advance

Ben

Capt Holland
29th Oct 2006, 19:00
Hi

Forgot to add that if you are more comfortable sending me a PM then please feel free.

Thanks

Capt Holland
6th Nov 2006, 14:44
Surely someone out there has been through this, any advice welcome

Thanks

Tommyinyork
12th Nov 2006, 16:39
I went for my interview at Manchester today, it is apsolutley fine, they are very friendly people are the recruitment team, they make you feel at ease.
At the group assesment we watched a video, spoke in small groups to a cabin crew member about what we do etc and then had a small group excercise. All in all a pretty decent day, MUCH BETTER THAN THOMSONFLY do their assesments.

Capt Holland
17th Nov 2006, 22:17
Thanks a lot tommy, hope you get through. Got mine tomorrow so fingers crossed. Anyway up early so off to bed now.

Thanks again

verseaurainbows
21st Nov 2006, 20:16
See Replying with quotes (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249532) thread

verseaurainbows
22nd Nov 2006, 09:09
Uh, right well apparently the mods didnt like the fact i quoted you, capt holland.
What ive been TRYING to say is, is your interview at Gatwick? And if so, ill be there too!
Also i have a little worry of my own...im a bit short:\

-Maxi

verseaurainbows
22nd Nov 2006, 09:12
wait i just replied to the wrong person. This is confusing. Just ignore me.

Ill be there with you

Good luck!

Ash_ind
10th Jan 2007, 12:45
Hey guys is there any who have working experience with Thomos Cook how is it to work with them and how is the money?

Thanks a lot!!!

Ash

slide blower
11th Jan 2007, 09:32
i worked for thomas cook a few years ago.
i found them to be the biggest pile of sh@#t to ever grace the skies.
poor pay,long hours and management structure that was wobbly at best.
having said that improvements may have been made,for your sake i hope they have.
good luck,you may need it!.

topjetboy
15th Jan 2007, 13:34
I work for TCX now, albeit as a pilot. It's true that during the summer the crew work hard and that the company employs crew on a summer only basis initially but their are upsides! I understand the pay and benefits are rather good and when someone does get a permanent contract the winter is a lot easier. I'm only working 3 days this month and thats similar to the cabin crew. All the boys and girls I work with are really cool, professional and a good laugh. Makes those 6-hour Sharm bullets bearable.

Flying_Sarah747
15th Jan 2007, 16:14
Hi there,

I am going on a skiing holiday next month and we are flying Thomas Cook. I was just wondering, it says meals are included on the flight, but do you have to pay for drinks, or are they included too?

206cc_jim
15th Jan 2007, 18:00
MUCH BETTER THAN THOMSONFLY

Why is the airline/employer rubbish if we dont get the job but fantastic if we do....

Tight Slot
16th Jan 2007, 22:43
I'm only working 3 days this month and thats similar to the cabin crew.

I wouldn't let some of our boys hear that! You'd be strung up!

Mind you, the winters do tend to be a nice time of year.

5 day barbados, now wheres me sun cream...

Psr777
17th Jan 2007, 20:12
SlideBlower
i worked for thomas cook a few years ago.
i found them to be the biggest pile of sh@#t to ever grace the skies.
poor pay,long hours and management structure that was wobbly at best.
having said that improvements may have been made,for your sake i hope they have.
good luck,you may need it!.
Not sure which base you flew from, or how long you lasted... TCX are one of the best paying leisure airlines in the UK, and have been for some time now.
With everything included, commission, basic, aba, main crew can expect to take home at least £1500 , in particular in during the winter when the trips are longer.
Even during the summer season, with new entrant crew operating long haul to Eastern Canada, take home pay is pretty decent. This summer has been a hard one, but in general when I was a Cabin Manager with them, I rarely operated more than 8 or 9 duties per month and that was during the summer.
TCX are operating more longer short haul flights to SSH, HRG etc and the money the crew earn on that is excellent. Yes the days are long, but what leisure airline doesn't have long days.
If you want shorter flights, then I suppose Easy Jet suits, but surely those days are just as long with multi sectors?:confused:
Flying_Sarah747 - As with all leisure airlines in economy on short haul, all the drinks from the bar are chargeable.
If you fancy champagne to start you off though, best make sure to speak to the crew when you board as they sell out v quickly on ski flights. Hope you have a good flight.:D
Safe Flying All

MarkBHX
18th Jan 2007, 15:14
Not about crew I know, but did anyone who applied for ASR this year recieve an automatic e-mail reply? I didn't get one so was just wondering whether my application had been recieved??

Cheers, Mark!